Start a new thread

1 to 4 of 4 replies

I've had this climber in a large, west facing container for about 3 or 4 years but a couple of years ago it started turning yellow and it's getting worse. What can I do about it? The first couple of years it was really healthy and just when I thought it was getting established it has gone and done this. 

I have another one on the other side of the door that is perfectly healthy (one year younger).

First thought is waterlogging......we will all see some damage by all that rain over winter I think.

I would check the pot for wetness and pest (vine weevil) and if fine I would  leave it for couple of weeks ...it's getting warmerand drier.....and when you see new shoots trim off old leaves and feed

Busy Bee2

Has it been fed much?  My hardy trachelospermum likes to be fed (don't we all!) and when my box bushes went copper it meant I needed to feed them up a bit.

Thanks for the responses.

Verdum - it's definitely not waterlogged. I'm on the east coast of Scotland and we really haven't had a wet winter at all. The leaves were like this all of last summer.

BusyBee - I fed it a lot last summer, but it didn't seem to make any difference. Will try again and see if it makes any difference.