London (change)
Today 18°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
4 messages
16/04/2014 at 16:10

I've had this climber in a large, west facing container for about 3 or 4 years but a couple of years ago it started turning yellow and it's getting worse. What can I do about it? The first couple of years it was really healthy and just when I thought it was getting established it has gone and done this. 

I have another one on the other side of the door that is perfectly healthy (one year younger).

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/42522.jpg?width=512&height=350&mode=max

16/04/2014 at 17:13

First thought is waterlogging......we will all see some damage by all that rain over winter I think.

I would check the pot for wetness and pest (vine weevil) and if fine I would  leave it for couple of weeks ...it's getting warmerand drier.....and when you see new shoots trim off old leaves and feed

16/04/2014 at 18:55

Has it been fed much?  My hardy trachelospermum likes to be fed (don't we all!) and when my box bushes went copper it meant I needed to feed them up a bit.

17/04/2014 at 15:20

Thanks for the responses.

Verdum - it's definitely not waterlogged. I'm on the east coast of Scotland and we really haven't had a wet winter at all. The leaves were like this all of last summer.

BusyBee - I fed it a lot last summer, but it didn't seem to make any difference. Will try again and see if it makes any difference.

email image
4 messages