Start a new thread

1 to 10 of 10 replies

Pete8

About 22 yrs ago I planted a little euclayptus down the garden. When it reached 90' a few yrs ago I had the height reduced by half. This encouraged it to grow even quicker  so in march this year I had it cut down completely. I think it cost £3 to buy and £1100 to remove!

The remaining stump at ground level measures 1.6m (~ 5') across and is a big eyesore so was considering getting someone in with a stump grinder.

Does anyone know how effective the stump grinders are? Will I be able to plant over where the stump was or will I still have to wait several years before I can plant anything?

Thanks
Pete

nutcutlet

A stump grinder will grind it up. If you remove the ground up root and replace with good soil you've got your garden back.

Alan4711
we did one 5 years ago just brilliant not expensive we explained exactly what we wanted to do and it was done talk to the grinder as they say
Alan

Couldn't agree more.     We had a huge walnut tree stump removed by grinding and it was great.    Keep the grindings - you can use them as a mulch or just compost them.

Pete8

Thank you all very mch - that's decided it.

Had a quote of £250 from the guys who done an excellent job taking the euclayptus down.

Will get another to compare

Happy gardening

Pete

Advertisement

Can anybody give me a contact of a stump grinding company I live in east london

Ple can anybody forward me a contact for a reliable and cheap grinding company I live in east london

chicky

We recently used a company called Stumpbusters - it is a franchise, so would be a different guy in your area, but ours was very good

Thanks for the reply. How much did you pay. And how big was your stump

chicky

We had 20 leylandii stumps - all quite large - it took half a day and was about £200 - he charged by the hour.  The kit was impressive, and our job took a while because there were so many individual stumps to do.