London (change)
Today 16°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 8°C
9 messages
10/12/2012 at 22:15

I have uploaded photos before, but it doesn't work anymore. I click on the oak tree, then select and my photo files come up but then it seems stuck and they won't upload onto the forum. Is it my computer or this site?

10/12/2012 at 22:24

Hi Busy-Lizzie - seems to be working OK for me

10/12/2012 at 22:26

lol sorry can't help op but great  card.

11/12/2012 at 08:50

BL-try the alternative I suggested the other day-upload to a photo sharing site than download them on here using the direct limk option

Perhaps the photos you are trying to load are too big?-you can try downsizing them

11/12/2012 at 09:28

Good heavens, it's Geoff again!! Thanks, I'll have to practice that, I've never done it before, bit nervous about computers. More at home with gardening and horses!

11/12/2012 at 12:59

BL-have sent you a message

11/12/2012 at 13:06

I've just had problems as well. But after a lot of fiddling managed it. Like you BL am very nervous around them but finding my skills are getting better as I use the forum

01/06/2015 at 14:40

You can only edit the last post in the thread and only if that post was you.

There is a glitch in the system when trying to upload pics. It's being looked into.

Click green tree icon.

A small window will appear with two tabs showing one for (your computer) and the other for (an external site).

Hit your comp tab and then pick select. This will take you to your computer files (new small window) where you can pick your file and press ok/open. The window will close and you will see your file name appear in the box next to the select button.

Now hit the upload button. This will probably cause a error window to open (Radupload ajax callback error with lots of text). Press return or the X (top right) 

Then wait till it appears in the small window. This can take a while so be patient.

When it appears press the save button and wait again. It should appear in the reply box but again this might take time.

Some files can be too big and will need to be cropped before they will load.

Hope this helps.

From the ED, today.

I'm sorry that you're having trouble posting images on the forum. A couple of things to check:

The images you upload need to be in jpeg or jpg format.

They should be less than 2mb in file size. If your files are larger you'll need to reduce them in size - there's a free app for iPad which will do this here:

I hope that helps!

Daniel Haynes

01/06/2015 at 17:23

Since my message above in 2012 and with coaching from Geoff who was here then I have learnt a lot more about using a laptop

email image
9 messages