Start a new thread

1 to 9 of 9 replies

hi, I removed a wasps nest from a laurel Bush recently, and wondered if it can go on the compost heap ? it's the first time I've come across one and it's such a wonderful construction, clever little creatures

Can't see why not - it's just wood and wasp spit. I'd break it up first though - like you do with cardboard

pansyface

THEY MAKE BRILLIANT FIRELIGHTERS.

thanks raisingirl thought that would be the case, but think I'll try pansyface's idea as we have an open fire, thanks both 🌼

Might be full of earwigs etc.

Advertisement

Dovefromabove

So few children see things like that nowadays ... do you know anyone with connections to a school who would like to take it in for them to marvel at?

Good point.. and then after do Pansy's idea....

Mike Allen
Dovefromabove says:

So few children see things like that nowadays ... do you know anyone with connections to a school who would like to take it in for them to marvel at?

See original post

I was thinking along similar lines.  One seldom hears of school nature lessons.  The nest could be carefully cut in half verticall and given a coat of clear varnish.  This will delight the children.

Firefly0

It's also wonderful paper-type material for art projects. I'd say, try and find someone who would love it. I cut up the paper into strips and kept it.