London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 11°C
5 messages
15/07/2012 at 15:50
I have nearly completed a major re-landscape of my garden and just before I'm about to lay the patio and gravel to complete the project I have found a spring!! It appears to be coming out/ under the new retaining wall we have built!! Can anyone give me any help how I can solve this problem and stop the spring from pouring water into the garden!!! With the poor weather we have been having we just assumed it was this that left the garden waterlogged but this spring now seems to be the cause!!! I need to stop it so I can complete the project!!! Can anyone help?!?
15/07/2012 at 15:59

I am no expert -but this is surely something you need to contact your water company or local council for advice in the first instance?

I am guessing you have ruled out a burst pipe?

15/07/2012 at 16:05
We have ruled out a burst pipe but have yet to approach the council. Was hoping there was something we could do to cap it off some how? The flow of water is not huge but it's enough to leave a a flow of water creating a gully full of water!!! This is also leaving some puddles which keep reappearing!!
15/07/2012 at 16:11

Where is it going to go if you cap it-it will just reappear somewhere else-and am not sure of the legal position and you may be liable for damage.

You need to talk to an authority of some sort to see where you stand

15/07/2012 at 16:31

It may be that with the huge amount of rainfall we've had this year, the water table has risen, and in normal years it wouldn't have  been so much of a problem - however it does need to be seen by an expert.

email image
5 messages