Start a new thread

1 to 3 of 3 replies

Hi all, I am looking for a water pump for my initial attempt at a water feature. I have dug a reservoir and intend to cover this with peebles. The pump will be placed in the reservoir and needs to be able to pump water from the tank up a 2ft structure to fall back onto the reservoir. Anyone with any ideas as I don't want buy a pump too powerful to do the job. Thanks

if you are looking for a water pump online, then go to the Pumpkart is an online shopping store from where you can buy water pumps online

Can you give some idea of the size of your structure and some guesstimate of how much water in total there is?

At my local pond/aquarium centre they have all their pumps on display and working so you can see what the output is.

I have a 12x8 pond with a 3-tier slate waterfall with ~5gall header pool and use a Triton 5000 pump for that (approx 1000 gph)

Also have something similar to you - a large amphora laying on on its side with a reservoir beneath - can't remember what the pump is but I think it pumps about 250gph which gives a good (peaceful) effect