Start a new thread
jean6

is this that I have been nurturing a weed or flower ?

Dovefromabove

Feverfew?

If I'm right, you can decide whether it's a herb or a weed, depending on whether you want it there or not 

Fairygirl

Jean it looks like feverfew- forget its 'proper' name - Tanacetum something -or tansy which is Tanacetum vulgare. I couldn't quite tell whether the flowers were yellow or white- although they look more yellowy so more likely tansy. (Feverfew has flowers which look more like  daisies). It can be a bit of a nuisance but it's easy to pull out if you don't want it. More for a natural area than a cultivated herb garden or border perhaps. There are cultivated varieties avavilable. Hope that's of some use.

nutcutlet

Definitely feverfew. I think it may be a weed but haven't quite decided. It will grow in a few places that others won't so I may let it stay a bit longer

jean6

thanks for that.. no idea how it got there but it does fill a space...thats settled an  arguement between husband & myself as he said  weed...I said well it looks nice so leave it & I reckon its a flower....now I can say.. see I told u so...lol

it used to be in many old gardens apparently..I say its defo a flower..ha haa..

Advertisement

nutcutlet

Was used to treat fevers and I think some chew it for migraines. Don't know if it works or poisons any other part of you

Berghill

Did not work for me and it tastes disgusting.

nutcutlet

certainly smells disgusting. 

Dovefromabove

My mother used to eat in in sandwiches to help with her migraines - she said it did help but she hated the taste.  She's still alive at 89 so it didn't do her any harm 

Highland Jeannie

Watch our for the babies next year!!

At least they're easy to identify & pull out.