Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

weed

my husband has asked if anyone knows how to get rid of this weed ! travels with runners .image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

It's Creeping Cinquefoil - I'd give the lawn a good hard raking with a spring tine lawn rake to remove as much as you can and weaken it, then top dress with one of the weed and feed type lawn treatments - that ought to do it. image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

no I don't Jean, wish I did. Cinquefoil, don't know which one. It has very deep roots for its size, infiltrates anything, hard to get weedkiller on it without other plants.

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • I've tried keeping on top of the Creeping Cinquefoil in my garden by digging them up but I've totally lost the battle - they are everywhere now - in the lawn and every flower bed. They sneak under shrubs and established plants and pop up all over the place. Help please! My garden is heavy clay so the roots are very difficult to remove. Any advice (apart from moving house)?