Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

weedy neglected patch of a town garden

Hello there  I have an neglected roughly 20ft square patch in my back garden covered with ? weed. I wou ld welcome any advice on something easy growing for this year  thanks Marie

• Ryan LloydRyan Lloyd Posts: 395

Hi Marie, firstly, it depends whether you want to grow, fruit, veg, herbs, flowers or shrubs?

• hello Ryan,  thanks for your Quick reply  We have tons of snow here in Belfast  SOMETHING THAT I

CAN PLANT LATER IN THE YEAR  AM EASY ABOUT WHAT I WANT BUT HOPEFULLY A COLOURFUL PLANT WHICH WOULD THRIVE UNDER A PEAR TREE PERHAPS  MARIE

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

How big is the pear tree?  That'll give us a bit of an idea about how big the roots are image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• TA VERDUN   COULD BE THE BEST OPTION BUT I WAS HOPING NOT TO SPRAY AS I HAVE YOUNG GRANDWEANS  MARIE

• IT'S ABOUT OMG I DONT KNOW BUT IT IS 20 YEARS AGROWING  MAYBE 30ft  M

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Ok, so it's a mature tree image  Do you get lovely pears ? image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Thanks folks  I will go with the annuals Now why didnt I think of that?  marie