London (change)
Today 16°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 11°C
5 messages
14/11/2012 at 14:54

help

my 10 yr old weigela has suddenly developed  dieback on all the inner leaves of this plant , the plant is showing a brown margin an all the inner leaves of the plant but the outer leaves are looking health , i can only presume that the whole of the plant will die back. there has been no frost to date and the plant has not been damaged, any advice would be most welcome.

14/11/2012 at 14:58

I am not sure what you mean by die-back-they naturally lose their leaves in the autumn-if you have had it for 10 years-what exactly is unusual about this year?

Just a bit puzzled

14/11/2012 at 15:06

Also puzzled, sounds like weigela in November

14/11/2012 at 15:24

thank you sotongeoff and nutcutlet for your promp reply .

the difference this year is the plant is looking entirely different regarding its condition to other years and seems to be losing its leaves a lot earlier, i will keep a close watch on it and see what developes, once again thanks for the  helpful advice

14/11/2012 at 16:02

This is happening to my weigela variegata too. It hasn't lost it's leaves yet, but the leaves on a couple of branches on one side have gone all droopy looking and don't look like the rest of the shrub. It's not just because it's autumn, it's nor normally like this.

email image
5 messages