Start a new thread

1 to 4 of 4 replies

Can anyone help me with a solution to my tomato plants. After growing from seed (4 types) that were ready to pot on and very healthy decided to put them in a tray of water (rain collected) just to give them a soak to help separate the roots, the following morning after putting them back into the propergator I found them to be bent over and looking very sorry for themselves. I thought maybe the parrifin fumes had effected them or the rain water but had used the same batch of water on other plants with no diverse effects. Any suggestions?

I should add that they were still in their seed pots overnight prior to pricking out.

Bit confused-why are they going back into the propagator?-once germinated they need cooler conditions to grow on-I think they have been warm, then, wet, then cold then warm again.

Get them into a well lit spot-they will probably perk up-do not molly coodle them

Thanks for that tip Sotongeoff, hadn't thought about that, Will take heed of your advice on the second batch started yesterday.