London (change)
Today 9°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 12°C
8 messages
09/08/2014 at 00:24

Hi there, I think it would be a great idea to have a 'Plant Id' forum topic specially for people to post images of plants that they are not familiar with. I think it would be very helpful.

Thanks

09/08/2014 at 06:33

Hi Bluefingers

We often try to help ID plants - just start a thread asking for an ID and post a few pictures of the plant in question, showing whole plant from the side, leaves, stem, flowers etc. Size is also helpful.

To post a photo on here you need to click on the green tree icon on the toolbar above where yo type your post and follow the instructions to upload a picture from your pc.  Sadly it doesn't work for phones - yet.

09/08/2014 at 13:52

The problem with this forum is that it is so active, posts very quickly find themselves on second, third and subsequent pages. What we need are 'sticky' topics which sit on top of all the posts. Then it would be easier for folk to find them and collect all similar posts into the one area.

09/08/2014 at 13:55
I agree, or an easier way to get at them , in all honesty the whole thing including the issue with mobile devices needs looking at
09/08/2014 at 16:58

I understand that there are changes and improvements planned for the website including the forum,  before too long. 

25/08/2014 at 13:08
I doubt very much if there exists a forum that completely satisfies everyones needs. This is truly a great forum. Members are on the whole,are friendly and never hold back from offering help and advice. It seems to be one of the few forums that is used 24/7. I am certainly thankful and grateful that I found it on the net.
27/08/2014 at 19:05

Yes so am I!! I've been reading the forum for a long time and I was so impressed by the gardening knowledge of so many people and advice/suggestions given freely. It's also a very friendly site. I've now joined the forum site and enjoying it even more!!May I take this opportunity to thank all members for sharing your knowledge with me. Long may this continue!!!!

27/08/2014 at 19:12

Great that you've found the forum so helpful FC. In the eighteen or so months I've been here, I've had loads of wonderful  advice and help from  other members, and also lots of support. Long may it continue. There are some terrific people here   

Dove's right - there are lots of plans in place for the site, so that will make it even better. 

email image
8 messages