London (change)
Today °C / °C
Tomorrow °C / °C
17 messages
12/05/2012 at 12:09

Is it just me, or do others have problems with the ads at the top of page appearing lower than they should be, hence blocking-off  'Forum', 'What to do now'..etc. 

It doesn't happen all the time, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to post this.

12/05/2012 at 15:06

I've had the same problem and thought it was just my computer playing silly devils. I guess it's a glitch their end.

12/05/2012 at 15:39

It might also be to do with the size of text that you are using - if you increase the size of the text, it can make things misalign.

By the way, you can get rid of the adverts with Adblocker.

12/05/2012 at 17:41
Alina W wrote (see)

It might also be to do with the size of text that you are using - if you increase the size of the text, it can make things misalign.

By the way, you can get rid of the adverts with Adblocker.

Many thanks both....my default text size is 100%. and if that was the reason I would think it would be present all the time.

Adblocker?

12/05/2012 at 17:44

If your text is 100% them things should line up properly, so it's probably a glitch.

Adblocker is a program that you can download which removes the adverts from your page if you find them annoying.

12/05/2012 at 17:46

Cheers, Alina!

12/05/2012 at 17:52

Another glitch...for my previous message I couldn't get get my cursor to flash ouside of the quote box for toffee (hence all in one message)....they do misbehave sometimes!

12/05/2012 at 18:42

@David K, I am experiencing exactly same issues as you, including no cursor outside quote boxes

12/05/2012 at 18:48
I think this is a reflection of back office work going on with site maintenance. I have those probs intermittently on PC, but not on iPad. But on iPad, don't have full functionality re edit messaging, posting smileys/ pictures/ links to other websites. Still think it's a great site though.
12/05/2012 at 19:09

Thanks folks...it's reassuring to know that it isn't just me.

12/05/2012 at 19:12
figrat wrote (see)
I think this is a reflection of back office work going on with site maintenance. I have those probs intermittently on PC, but not on iPad. But on iPad, don't have full functionality re edit messaging, posting smileys/ pictures/ links to other websites. Still think it's a great site though.

I would agree, figrat...it is a great site and so much more advanced than the old boards.

12/05/2012 at 19:53

It just happened to me when I came onto the forum a minute ago. It's happened a few times before - I never do anything differently - so decided it must be a hitch in the program.

20/05/2012 at 10:29

There's some great software out there to block out adverts, Ad muncher is great!

20/05/2012 at 12:16

Thanks HollieHock. Do these ad blocker programs do other sneaky things to ones computer? I always worry about importing the PC equivalent of japanese knotweed!!

05/06/2012 at 12:09

Hi FloBear,

Only just seen your post. I've not had any problems with it at all.In fact I wouldn't be without it. It even blocks TV ads when watching programmes on a player.

It does it's job quietly in the background, when I use other laptops without  it, it's then I notice the difference

05/06/2012 at 12:17

Yes, threads fly past at a great rate of knots, don't they?

Thanks, Hollie-Hock  for taking the trouble to reply, I'll give it a go.

08/06/2012 at 21:46

heres the link to get rid of them stupid adds conncenceing all sites aulluyear........try it 30 days trial up to you .......http://www.admuncher.com/

email image
17 messages