London (change)
Today 18°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 19°C / 13°C
1 to 20 of 28 messages
24/08/2013 at 08:40

Hi everyone.. I am unable t find a reply button in my message box.. to reply to people.. I am wondering if anyone esle had this problem.. I have also tried doin it by sending a new message... but it comes up and I fill in memebers details erc but then I cant click on the write message section.

Wondered

d if it was me or the site

24/08/2013 at 08:51

I've no problems. Big green reply button has appeared as normal...let's see if you can reply on this thread or if you will have to start another thread to reply...could be an interesting conversation as anyone else without a reply button will have to do the same thing!  

24/08/2013 at 08:58

No.. I can reply on here ok.   But in my messages I have no reply button to click at all...

I was able to upto 2 days ago.. now it isnt there and the page has changed appeareance also.

So strange.. I have tried doing it on my tablet and and on main computer also as thought tablet playing up.. but no cant do it on either one..

I have you tried to message and then reply to it at all

I

24/08/2013 at 09:12

gf- chicky had the same prob yesterday but I had a reply to a PM I sent someone recently and replied to it yesterday. I use a laptop so could it just be your computer or the server you use or something? Listen to me -  sounding as if I know what I'm talking about - 'server' indeed!  

24/08/2013 at 09:13

Ok, now I understand. I have just sent you a personal message without a hitch (1st time I have used that section of the board). Let's see if anyone else has a problem as the day goes on...

24/08/2013 at 09:25

Daintiness - I've never used the big reply button at top of thread pages - I just write in the message box next to my name. 

24/08/2013 at 09:33

Morning - I have tried to message on an iPad, an iPhone and an old fashioned PC, and none seem to work ( no shortage of devices here!). Might try with a laptop later, if I can prise one away from its owner.

24/08/2013 at 09:38

Fairygirl, gardeningfantic is not talking about the main thread board but personal message sending if you click on 'public profile'

Gardeningfantic, just went back into 'my messages' and although it says I have sent you a message it also says above and below it - 1 message returned but I don't you if you have replied and I can't access it or my original message has been returned - all very confusing !  

24/08/2013 at 09:46

@daintiness...you are right i am talking aobut the personal message section to talk to other members in secret 

no i can not reply to one u sent or send you a message out at all.. gettin annoyed as i need to answer two members regarding my iris i have got going..

i might have to send out a contact thread on here to do it..

the whole message page has altered also.. has picutre in background.

24/08/2013 at 09:48

I realised you meant that Daintiness but my PMs were working yesterday as I replied to one, yet others - chicky certainly- were having a prob so it can't be the forum - this time anyway!  

Mine also sometimes shows there's a new message when there isn't. 

24/08/2013 at 09:48

@chicky.. i thought it was my tablet playing up.. but my main big old fashion on the desk with keyboard  one cant seem to do it either.. my server is not the problem i think.. the whole private message board has got a new look..wonder if that is it

24/08/2013 at 09:50

i have just tried on the other server i use and it is the same.. i cant reply and i cant compose message at all..

24/08/2013 at 09:51

it might be forum.. while ago people couldnt see or do these boards but i could fine.. as could others.. so something techinical i think.

24/08/2013 at 09:54

also.. i have to put the name of the member in and click "check nickname" and when i have put in daintines and fairygirl it comes up and not found or not recongnised.. so whats that about.. it wont let me do anything until i have clicked "check nickname" and then it doesnt allow me to add message in the "add message" section.. the cursor doesnt even click up in the area..

what is going on

24/08/2013 at 09:54

GF  - think you are right - will have to wait til next week for a fix.  

Isn't it funny that the state of the art set up we have on the desk in the study - less than 3 years old- is now regarded as old fashioned !!  Oh, how the world changes around us without us really noticing.  Think that's one of the reasons I like the garden.  Spring/summer/autumn/winter will never date!!

24/08/2013 at 09:55

my last replies to me were on the 22nd and since then i cant do anything.. someone explain it please.

24/08/2013 at 09:57

@chicky.. you are so right.. my daughter says my computer is "old fashioned" i think it is still the most realiable ever.. dont need to keep chargin it up.. it always gets a signal and the screenis sooomuch  bigger to look at..

yes i suppose it will now be tuesday till something is done.. can i put a thread up to let these two members knowi have not ignored them and what to do.. is that allowed

24/08/2013 at 10:15

I don't think anyone will mind gf. It's annoying when things don't work! Maybe I was just lucky yesterday when I answered the message I got.

24/08/2013 at 10:17

Chick - I've just sent you a little PM to see if the thing's working for me. Let me know on here if you get it!

24/08/2013 at 11:16

thanks fairygirl.. i have done this and one of the members has seen it.. so at least they know i am not ignoring them

1 to 20 of 28 messages