London (change)
Today 11°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 8°C / 4°C
1 to 20 of 24 messages
24/03/2012 at 23:39

Hello,

After enjoying the last issue of Gardeners World I thought I would take up the really good offer of 25 percent off, as advertised pay £21 for 12 editions.. Having tried several times I finally got through to the checkout stage and then found I was going to be charged £34 pounds.

I have to say very disappointing, and I haven't subscribed

24/03/2012 at 23:53
Didn't work for me either - kept saying basket was empty even when view basket said I had selected the subscription - another wine induced sale lost
25/03/2012 at 07:18

I took the £20 offer last year, which worked out fine......then this year the full amount of £35.50 miraculously disappeared from my bank account without warning.  I'm presuming it was in the small print somewhere that I didn't read properly....so be warned!

26/03/2012 at 10:56

Hello botticelliwoman. The '12 issues for £20' offer was a special one-year rate, to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Gardeners' World Magazine, and was advertised as the cost for the first 12 months of subscription. The subsequent annual cost of £35.50 does still represent a saving of 20% on the retail price, so I hope with this, and the other exclusive subscriber-only benefits and offers, you still feel that you're getting value for money. I've passed your comments on to the magazine subscriptions team, who put the special offers together.

Best wishes,

Daniel
Editor, gardenersworld.com

27/03/2012 at 15:15

Reply to meiow and SebUK: please accept my apologies - I somehow managed to miss your original messages when responding to Botticelliwoman yesterday. There seems to be an intermittent glitch with the site - I've requested that it be resolved as a matter of urgency, and I'll notify you as soon as it's fixed. In the meantime, you can contact our customer service team on 0844 848 9707, who will be happy to process your order for you. Thank you for letting us know about the problem, and apologies for the inconvenience.

Daniel

28/03/2012 at 07:44

Hi Daniel,

Sorry, I wasn't quibbling about the price, which is fine, I was just surprised the money went out without warning which was probably my fault for not reading everything when I originally subscribed.  I just presumed that I'd be informed when the subscribtion was due to expire....I know, I know....idiot

Aitch

28/03/2012 at 16:14

Hello Botticelliwoman, you're not an idiot! Always good for the subscription team to receive feedback!

28/03/2012 at 20:34

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply, phoned the number you gave and got my annual subscription for £21. Bargain

Thanks

28/03/2012 at 21:41

Many thanks for the update, meiow - I'm pleased to hear that you managed to place your order. Apologies again for the problem.

Best,

Daniel

23/04/2012 at 19:01

Received my May edition through my door today at the bargain price of £21 for a year. A welcome delivery in amongst the junk & bills.

Hollie (aka meiow)

24/04/2012 at 09:57

Good news, Hollie- Hock!

Daniel

24/04/2012 at 10:07

I phoned to get the £21.00 deal for the year's subscription.  I think for that sort of purchase, especially with an offer attached, I'd rather speak to a human being to make sure I was getting what I wanted.  I bought it for my Mum for Mother's Day, and She recieved her first mag on Saturday. She's never read it before and She's cock-a-hoop!  Good offer GW.

Yvie

24/04/2012 at 10:10

Thanks Yvieh, I'll pass that on to the magazine team.

Daniel

04/05/2012 at 09:44

I have tried for the second month now to subscribe via your website.  Initially I wanted to take up the 12 issues for £21 offer, and this month I have tried to subscribe for your 5 issues for £5 then 15% discount.  Every time I try to check out my basket is emptied.  If you want people to subscribe, please sort the error out.  I donot give out personal information over the phone and would appreciate this.  Thanks.

04/05/2012 at 11:45

I've been trying to do the same thing, subscribe to the 5 issues for £5 then 15% discount and keep having the identical problem - every time I go to the checkout my basket is empty, although the previous stage has shown 1 item in my basket.  I'm getting very frustrated with this 

08/05/2012 at 12:49

Reply to Paul Collins and Dovefromabove: please accept my apologies for this problem, and for the delay in responding to you. There seems to be a glitch with the site - I've requested that it be fixed as a matter of urgency. I'll update you shortly, once I know more, but in the meantime thank you for bearing with us.

Daniel,

10/05/2012 at 09:47

Update for Paul Collins and Dovefromabove: the glitch with the subscription website is now fixed, so you can place your order. Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and annoyance caused. If you have any further difficulties, please don't hesitate to let me know.

5 for £5 subscription offer

Daniel

11/08/2012 at 00:04

Just wanted to say that I used my GW 2 for 1 offer today, lovely

18/01/2013 at 07:26

I have just been charged £19.38 and I do not know what for!!!!!

I took up the free 3 x trial and have only received one copy and then the £19.38 is taken. What a swizzzzz.

Gardeners World please contact me URGENTLY as your are not getting good PRESS.

Lyn
18/01/2013 at 09:58

I buy Gardeners world mag with my tesco vouchers, its only 14.00 per year.

1 to 20 of 24 messages