Start a new thread

1 to 5 of 5 replies

hollie hock

I really enjoy this forum and have had some fantastic advice on here. I want to be able to update posts/threads that have been started some time ago, rather than in the last 100 posts.  I don't get the ooops tomato message anymore but for some reason I can't get to the earlier posts, it only goes back to the last 100.

If I'm missing something obvious than please feel free to tell me.

I've heard other people talk about this as well. Geoff for example. You could try typing something in the search box that you know is in a post you want to find (say Scabious or Hedgehogs or whatever) and see if it comes up that way

Gary Hobson

And you can always use Google. For example, searching for: "hollie-hock"

Shows some 294 pages which have your name on them.

You do need to click on "do you mean hollie-hock" (otherwise it thinks you want articles about hollyhocks).

And you can add additional qualification if you want to find a particular post. That's far quicker and simpler than trying to wade through the text of 100s of posts.

hollie hock

Thanks Flo & Gary.

I did a search on here and the post I was looking for has come up.

Hadn't thought to search Google like that before, just tried it and it works a treat Learn something new everyday.

Many Thanks

I have tried using the search to find old posts and they  often do not come up so I will try the google method next time. Thanks for the suggestion Gary.