London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 12°C
5 messages
11/09/2012 at 20:24

I really enjoy this forum and have had some fantastic advice on here. I want to be able to update posts/threads that have been started some time ago, rather than in the last 100 posts.  I don't get the ooops tomato message anymore but for some reason I can't get to the earlier posts, it only goes back to the last 100.

If I'm missing something obvious than please feel free to tell me.

11/09/2012 at 21:53

I've heard other people talk about this as well. Geoff for example. You could try typing something in the search box that you know is in a post you want to find (say Scabious or Hedgehogs or whatever) and see if it comes up that way

12/09/2012 at 06:31

And you can always use Google. For example, searching for:

site:www.gardenersworld.com/forum "hollie-hock"

Shows some 294 pages which have your name on them.

You do need to click on "do you mean hollie-hock" (otherwise it thinks you want articles about hollyhocks).

And you can add additional qualification if you want to find a particular post. That's far quicker and simpler than trying to wade through the text of 100s of posts.

13/09/2012 at 19:22

Thanks Flo & Gary.

I did a search on here and the post I was looking for has come up.

Hadn't thought to search Google like that before, just tried it and it works a treat Learn something new everyday.

Many Thanks

13/09/2012 at 19:39

I have tried using the search to find old posts and they  often do not come up so I will try the google method next time. Thanks for the suggestion Gary.

email image
5 messages