London (change)
Today 9°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 9°C
15 messages
31/08/2014 at 22:20
I stand by what I have said before. This is really a fantastic forum. Suggestions have been made by individuals as to improving the site. I am sure that these changes, additions will come all in good time. However, having said that. Would it be possible to have an intergrated members list. Not loads of details etc but. A simple list whereby we can click on a name and be presented with a choice of, PM's or whatever. This would save so much time from scrolling amongst posts to find a member. For instance. I wish to contact Daniel Haynes. Not to complain, but as a friend and honoured horticulturist. Lets be honest. Search time is valuable time. So Daniel. What say you? Soory mate. The ball is now in your court. Wink.
Lyn
31/08/2014 at 23:21

website@gardenersworld.com

This is the place for site queries, but after the last fiasco I am not sure if you are

Daniels friend! I think most of us are happy with site as it is.

01/09/2014 at 00:10

Think everybody on here is quite happy with the way Daniel runs GW

01/09/2014 at 08:35

Yes indeed. He reassured me that Alan Titchmarsh does not have a part time job as a hitman here in Derbyshire. Thank you Daniel.

01/09/2014 at 08:54

I'm sure the spambots would love that. A nice way of bombarding us with pms without having to put any effort into it?

01/09/2014 at 09:02
Wouldnt affect me either way, i would just be happy if they made the site more mobile friendly!
    01/09/2014 at 09:04

Hello Mike. Thanks for the suggestion. Clarington is quite correct, though, that such a list would make it easy for spammers to target users of the site with private messages. That wouldn't prove to be a very popular addition to the site, I think!   We do consider all suggestions for upgrading and improving the site - we're currently working through the results of the audience research we conducted earlier in the year, in order to plan the forthcoming development work. As ever, feel free to post other feedback/suggestions here on the forum, or drop us a line at website@gardenersworld.com. Alternatively, do send me a private message.

Daniel Haynes
Editor, gardenersworld.com

01/09/2014 at 09:08

Hello Bekkie. I'm sorry that the experience of using the site on mobile is less than ideal. It's something we're aware of and are working to improve the situation. We can't make all the necessary changes immediately, but please be assured it's on our 'to do' list!

Daniel Haynes
Editor, gardenersworld.com

01/09/2014 at 09:20
Thanks for the reassurance Daniel, its really just the photo thing that bugs me, luckily there are so many lovely people on here who will post them for me
01/09/2014 at 10:23

I have only just joined as I found an interesting insect and wanted more info. I have become the victim of sexist abuse as Welshonion took a dislike to me. I now wish to leave the forum and want to know how you intend to tackle aggressive males on the site. He suggested women should not be allowed responsible jobs in the workplace!

Thanks

01/09/2014 at 11:45

Er, I think you will find that Welshonion is of the female gender and was speaking ironically, ffteix.

01/09/2014 at 14:20

...er... slightly less controversially, how about repeating the tabs at the bottom of the page so we don't have to scroll all the way back up to the top to use them?

01/09/2014 at 15:22

Steve309, what a good idea

01/09/2014 at 15:29

Full of good ideas, me.  Just no good at following through

01/09/2014 at 16:35

Yes Steve, must admit it does get a bit annoying going backwards and forwards with smilies

email image
15 messages