41 to 60 of 127 messages
25/04/2012 at 15:53

Daniel this doesn't seem right-here is how it appears on the forum-you cannot see what the question is about other than wisteria-on the latestposts/discussions page under the title it says "buds are brown"

Could not the subject matter be included in the topic title as a sub-heading automatically displayed?

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/problem-solving/wisteria/2803.html

25/04/2012 at 16:02

I know you are aware of the intermittent appearance of the 'view last post first' link on top left, but i have just noticed that on the following thread the link is visible, but doesn't take you beyond page 1 - at least not when I tried it just now. 

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/the-potting-shed/april-in-your-garden/2602.html?lastunread=1&lastviewed=25077#lvm

26/04/2012 at 17:55
Daniel Haynes wrote (see)

Hello figrat. That is odd. Are you able to test this in another browser, such as Firefox, or Chrome? It would be useful to determine if this is just a problem with IE 8.

Many thanks,

Daniel

Hi Daniel, sorry for delay in replying, but have just tried uploading pics form pc using safari, and no problems. so maybe it's an IE8 issue?

26/04/2012 at 18:01

Hello figrat. Thanks for the update - it's good news that the image upload works for you from Safari. I'll let the team know that it seems to be an issue with IE8, and hopefully we can get it fixed.

Daniel

28/04/2012 at 20:03

I started a thread 'techie question' about stopping email notification, unfortunately I didn't get a response.

Email notifications.

I did think I'd solved the problem by ticking the appropriate options.....alas, still they come, even when I'm logged off.

As a last resort I may have to cancel my account, although to be honest even doing that doesn't seem to be immediately obvious.

Help!

28/04/2012 at 22:21

David K, on the other thread you said you had sussed it and I said it worked for me too - which it did. I went into Forum settings and set the default email notification to 'off' since when I have had no emails. I understand that some people are having problems with certain features depending on which browser they are using. I'm using IE 9.

29/04/2012 at 09:41

Many thanks, FloBear. Yes (as I said) I thought I had it sussed, but that 'Forum settings' change just changes the   'replies notification' default settings' to off i.e. the reply box appears with 'email me when a response is made' box un-ticked.

I have to say, I'm not getting anything like as many notifications as I was, but I can't quite understand how those that do are getting through.

Btw, I'm with IE Windows 7.

29/04/2012 at 09:54

I am wondering whether the default setting only works for new threads responded to for the first time after the default has been changed, and you still get emails for threads responded to before the default change, unless you click on the link on each email disabling responses.

29/04/2012 at 10:39
That's what I've done.
29/04/2012 at 11:26

Good thinkin, Gold1locks!....although I've just received a 'notification email' as a result of a message being posted on the 'weather thread', but none for yours & figrat's re this thread.

As  said in my previous message, my tick box/'email me when a response is made' is default set to remain blank in the reply box.

29/04/2012 at 11:33
And if you go right down to the bottom of the settings/ forum bit you'll find a list of all the topics which are currently set to send reply messages, you can disable them individually from there. I think the general 'default to no messages' only applies to new threads/ postings.
29/04/2012 at 12:39

That's useful, figrat.....I've now removed most of what I don't want to follow up, which should help.

Many thanks!

29/04/2012 at 12:42

Handy piece of info. Many thanks figrat.

29/04/2012 at 12:44

Oooh, weird thing just then, I was suddenly logged out while I was writing the message above.

30/04/2012 at 12:42

Reply to David K: apologies for missing your original thread - it certainly wasn't intentional! We get a lot of messages, and endeavour to reply to any that require a response, but occasionally one can slip through the net. I'm pleased that you've managed to sort out the notifications. Do let me know if you have any further problems.

Daniel
Editor, gardenersworld.com

30/04/2012 at 19:45

Many thanks, Daniel...I'm pretty with well sorted now. With a modicum of my own knowledge and a huge helping hand from fellow members.

01/05/2012 at 18:08

If you hover your mouse over the avatars on this thread, every boarder is shown to have contributed exactly the same number of posts, 17,198 of them!! 

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/talkback/talkback-cats-and-catmint/999-2.html

01/05/2012 at 18:18

Is it just me but does the "read first unread post" indicator sometimes disappear or doesn't actually take you to that post?

01/05/2012 at 18:26

It's not just you, sotongeoff. I picked this up a couple of weeks ago and Daniel is on the case. (see post 42 above). 

01/05/2012 at 18:28

Can I call you Geoff!!  every one else does! 

41 to 60 of 127 messages