London (change)
Today 12°C / 7°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 7°C
21 to 40 of 44 messages
08/03/2012 at 17:25

I use Chrome and have no idea how to change. I am a silver surfer and I will have to wait tilll my children visit me to sort this out, I think. It's ust the sort of thing that drives me mad. 

08/03/2012 at 17:44

Hello Jude, I'm very sorry you're still having problems. We can submit your competition entry for you - just send us an email to gworld@bbc.com, listing which competition(s) you wish to enter, your answer(s), and your address, and we'll sort it out. Please be assured the tech team are working to sort out the problem that some people are experiencing with Chrome.

Daniel
gardenersworld.com

07/04/2012 at 17:50

A month later and I am still unable to enter the competitions. Thank you for the offer of the email entry but frankly this would be too much faff! I just want to be able to tick a box as I used to do - that's how the internet ought to work!  Please fix the problem at your end - I really can't fix it at mine. 

19/04/2012 at 20:18

Sorry if I'm being dense - but what is the relevance of the red chillies that appear by some threads but not others? 

21/04/2012 at 00:01

Dear Shrinking Violet,

not absolutely sure as new to forum - but think the chillies refer to 'hot threads'

26/04/2012 at 16:43

Am confused. I had email notifications that I had respones in arrivals but I can't find them.

26/04/2012 at 17:56

Florie, I think that once you have responded to a post you get alerted by default to any subsequent post on that thread, even if it is not in response to your post. If there are several posts to the thread since you only get alerted once.

If a poster wants to respond directly to you they can send a separate message rather than post to the thread. 

I hope that helps, and that it doesn't confuse you even more if I have misunderstood your problem. 

27/04/2012 at 22:57

Hi I found this website today and really like what I have seen so far.  I still have lots of browsing left to do!  I've already left my first review and this is what my question relates to - is it possible to edit a review once submitted?  In hindsight I wanted to add a little more.

Thank you.

28/04/2012 at 07:13

Jude, I have the same problem, as I have Chrome too. I used to have Firefox and went back to it and the radio buttons do work. I prefer Chrome and will stick to it unless I really need the radio buttons. 

It's not as difficult as it may seem to install another browser. This link allows you to install Firefox. You can then choose with browser to use each time you use your computer. Just don't accept the invitation to have Firefox as your default browser, as you want to stay with Chrome for everything else. Once you have installed Firefox just google Gardenersworld.com and bookmark it. You may need to sign in as Firefox won't have stored your email address and password. 

http://www.getfirefox.net/

10/05/2012 at 18:34

Just joined so much to navigate - however first conundrum is how can you filter the forum so that  you don't have to plough through hundreds of threads to look for say, problems with beetles.  The facility is no doubt htere somewhere but I can't find it. Doh!

10/05/2012 at 19:02

There is a search facility at the top of the board-you can filter it just to show results on forum.

11/05/2012 at 23:32

A few queries and suggestions:

1) videos on "how to" pages. Transcript or summary please, and for the videos to NOT start up automatically.

2) "what to do now" seems to have been prewritten with no accounting for current weather conditions. Large parts of the country are way behind on what is being suggested.

3) Why are there so many forums ? There seems to be a lot of overlap. Makes it hard to find and follow discussions and ends up with same repeated Q's in different places

4) would be useful to be able to search for other member's previous posts

5) how do I find all my own previous posts beyond the ten I can see under "recent posts" ?

12/06/2012 at 17:59

Can you please remove the time limit on being able to edit our posts. I have very limited motor function so making typos is far too easy for me. Also, because I need time to reflect upon what I've written as well as proof-read it properly (in context with photos for example) it's just another unwanted distraction. This request doesn't affect security one jot but does allow me and others like me time to relax and enjoy our typing. After all, it's only the moderators and ourselves who can access our own posts, so the limit is redundant and bound to cause extra unnecessary work for moderators.

When I was able to type in full-flow, there wasn't very much to distract me, but now I have to watch almost every key press and that really does interfere with my flow of thoughts on what I'm looking to write. TIA

Regards,
Steve 

12/06/2012 at 18:13

Edit function is not working -it hasn't been for a few weeks-nothing to do with a time limit-it has been reported and a fix has been promised

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/site-feedback/how-to-give-feedback-about-the-new-site/1429-8.html

12/06/2012 at 18:25

Well - I used the edit function yesterday when I realised I had mis-typed a word.  Perhaps it's all a bit hit 'n' miss?

12/06/2012 at 19:50

Sorry to disagree with you, but there is a time limit. Just hover over any of your previous posts not long after and all you get as an option to "Quote" - this is a completely separate request and nothing to do with the non-functioning edit. That does seem hit and miss because it worked just once for me today, then threw errors every time after that.

Regards,
Steve 

12/06/2012 at 20:08

The edit facility is normally not available if a post follows your post-at the moment it doesn't seem available at any time-you might just have been fortunate

12/06/2012 at 20:39

Testing.

12/06/2012 at 20:41

Nope...couldn't edit above 2 seconds after posting.

12/06/2012 at 22:34
David K wrote (see)

Nope...couldn't edit above 2 seconds after posting.

...and that presents quite a problem - once the editing availability problem is sorted this should be next on the list. I'm wondering if they may be connected, where removing the time limit may also solve the editing function problem - just a thought...

Regards,
Steve

21 to 40 of 44 messages