London (change)
Today 20°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 21°C / 14°C
21 to 40 of 58 messages
08/03/2013 at 13:38

I only started on the forum on October and I have learnt so much. 

08/03/2013 at 13:40

I see what you are saying! what about the month of March section, it will tell you what you should be doing in March but I am sure if you go on there and ask someone will reply. I am a newbie as well really but I just wrote something on the weather forum and then some one else wrote something, and then I wrote something again.

08/03/2013 at 15:14

hi nivlac and welcome this is a great site with great people we all discuss a great range of topics some about gardening and some about other things but we have a good time we are very happy to welcome you

08/03/2013 at 15:51

Hi folks

I joined last year but didnt find the nerve to join in when you all seemed to know each other. Today i thought i will join in  but the first thing i read was from someone i think his name was cloggerhead and he was complaining about people asking questions instead of just reading the information that the site gives out but i must say the rest of you sound friendly and i've enjoyed reading your comments.

08/03/2013 at 15:57

Sometimes we  have a gripe, but hey don't you in real life?

Keep joining in, that's my advice 

08/03/2013 at 17:18

Hello Cal This is a really good friendly forum, I've only been on it a short while and I had never been involved with a forum before. Ask away and someone will know the answer. The only time people get shirty is if someone uses the forum to advertise a product, a disinterested recommendation is o.k. but very occasionally someone baldly promotes their own product or service; then the forum bites back

08/03/2013 at 17:20

Speaking of which I am still trying to sell my house-should I start a thread?

08/03/2013 at 17:21

(paddy) the reason some people 'know' each other is because we've asked / answered / read lots of posts and also contributed to more general chit-chat threads. It is addictive for some of us!!
Clogerhead's advice is also good, though, because people here are incredibly helpful, but if the question has been answered 15 times in the previous fortnight (I do exaggerate slightly here!) you might not get any responses then you would think it an unfriendly place  Which it isn't 

08/03/2013 at 17:49

sotongeoff; only if you are prepared to have your taste in interior design hung out to dry

08/03/2013 at 17:52

Artjak, he could always blame Mrs Geoff - if he dared 

08/03/2013 at 19:17

08/03/2013 at 21:52

hi paddy and welcome we will look forward to hearing from you, dont be afraid to talk to us its like one big family who all luv our gardens,we also moan about other things as well in fact it can become rather addictive if you let it so welcome paddy by the way are you from ireland.

17/03/2013 at 21:45
Lyon Greene, thank you and good advice of reading things to do and some very interesting stuff but it seem to be more for the experienced garden than someone who has decided for the first time in their life I think I am going to have a go at this!!! but thanks for the advice anyway, I have now asked a few questions and enjoying my time here and thank goodness for this site as without it I would of probably lost interest and gave up due to some of my newbie boo boos that I have been put right with and had chance to change before it was too late, thanks to everyone that helped me with my hanging basket fiasco LOL!!!
18/03/2013 at 09:13
(paddy) wrote (see)

Hi folks

I joined last year but didnt find the nerve to join in when you all seemed to know each other. Today i thought i will join in  but the first thing i read was from someone i think his name was cloggerhead and he was complaining about people asking questions instead of just reading the information that the site gives out but i must say the rest of you sound friendly and i've enjoyed reading your comments.

I am very friendly  the question seemed like a good idea at the time but now I tread very carefully I did not mean for anyone to take offence .

Derek

18/03/2013 at 11:51

Everyone makes mistakes, every year, so newbies should not be ashamed to talk about them.

18/03/2013 at 12:42

Accounts Artjak! 

18/03/2013 at 13:26

Sometimes a newbie comes along and tells us their woes about an allotment theft or a bad gardener, everyone offers their sympathy and advice and the poster just leaves everyone hanging................

18/03/2013 at 17:18
joslow wrote (see)

Sometimes a newbie comes along and tells us their woes about an allotment theft or a bad gardener, everyone offers their sympathy and advice and the poster just leaves everyone hanging................

or tells Porky's about their Councils infringements off their rights (the poster worried about Bee's)  .

Derek

19/03/2013 at 14:36

Hello just joined the forum i live in Lanarkshire Scotland just took up gardening after being ill last year son & daughter bought me a greenhouse 10x6 and have a big backgarden. Greenhouse full as its heated spendind alot of my time in there doing seeds ready for spring when it decides to come around looking forward to learning from the members on this great forum as time goes on. 

19/03/2013 at 15:13

Hi Andy,

I also hail from Lanarkshire, Bellshill to be exact, lovely climate we have here, did you take advantage of the free seed offer in our national newspaper?..

Davie-S

21 to 40 of 58 messages