Start a new thread

61 to 80 of 157 replies

Salino

..as Fairygirl says, you might benefit from having a Photobucket account KEF, like some of us do here, although I no longer need mine at the moment... Another very good one is Picasa, which is a free download... just a couple of options there... if you need to know more...

However, I'll have a go at helping you but not sure if this will be of any use... 

You say you upload to your Pictures folder in XP...

...when you find a photo there you want to upload to this forum, click on it once to highlight it, then 'right click' to bring up a menu. 
Left click on 'edit' which then brings up a 'Paint box'...
left click on 'image' at the top there... which brings up another menu... left click on 'stretch/skew'...  this brings up another box. 
Alter the Stretch horizontal and vertical, either enlarging fom 100% or downsizing [I have to downsize all mine to 80% horiz. and 80% vert.]... you will have to experiment with this... after you've resized and clicked 'OK', you must click on 'file' at the top there and click on 'save' before exiting it... I'm not sure if you've been doing that...?

then come back on here and try to upload the photo using the 'tree icon' above...

someone else - I hope - might have a better idea and can help you more on this one, as I'm not familiar with your camera type...

KEF

Thank you very much Salino. I'll have a go tomorrow, brain tired just now. Ta for having patience.

KEF

Salino you're a star, I think it's worked.

KEF
KEF wrote (see)

Salino you're a star, I think it's worked.

Now I need to practice taking better, clearer pics & because it will magnify I'd better get some weeding done. That blue plastic thing on the path is a bird bath, only temp, but withstood the frost.

Thanks again all who replied.

artjak

KEF, what a lovely old tree

Advertisement

Salino

...KEF... a nice looking country garden there... and please tell us what that tree is as I can't quite make it out.... and yes, you will have to get some weeding done as we can now ZOOM IN !...

KEF

The tree is an old apple tree that we inherited 13yrs ago, it varies as to how it performs and I don't know what variety it is. It has two lots of apples on it. One very similar to a Cox, quite nice and the other tastes a bit like Golden delicious, but green not golden. Both very different. I assume it's 2 trees that have merged, if they do that.It doesn't have one distinctive main trunk, more like a tangle of trunks. It's been there many years per the neighbours, it was mature when they came 30 yrs ago. We aren't big apple eaters, but we do prune it each Xmas and I give it a tomato feed round about now. I'm just happy that it's there.

Better go and weed

Salino

...very nice too...love old apple trees...

artjak

KEF, would tom feed be good for my pear tree?

Here lets try this one

Tried Salino method

BobTheGardener

Yay!  No need to do anything with photos from this camera (CanonA560), unlike my other one, so I'll use this from now on.

Look great there Bob, nice flowers 

KEF
artjak wrote (see)

KEF, would tom feed be good for my pear tree?

I'm not knowledgable about fruit trees, but I do it because I once read it was a way of using up old tomato food, and I guess that it can only help with fruit production like with toms. 

artjak

KEF, Thank you

Advertisement

Dovefromabove

Goodness you have all been doing your homework while I've been on my hols!  I can see I'm going to have to organise myself a bit 

Fairygirl

Yes Dove- keep up!!!

artjak

Dove, did you have a good time?

Salino

..just testing something out.... please ignore...

ok... done...

Birdy13

Salino, just found this photo test thread.

I think it's a great idea - as you may have noticed I have had numerous probs with orientation of pics. (Have sent very l-o-n-g letter 

to GW detailing difficulties and asking advice)

Just testing something now...