London (change)
Today 22°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 13°C
7 messages
24/06/2012 at 21:25

Hello

I would love to be able to save the really useful advice that I get from this forum in my scrapbook ,especially the advice I get about propagation  and cuttings.

At  the moment I can't access all my posts, apart from doing a search, which may or not bring up what I what want. I can only access page of 1 of so many. Many of my questions are asked in advance, as is the nature of gardening  and it would be great to be able to store these for future reference

Is this possible?

25/06/2012 at 21:36

What a good idea. I've often thought about that but never asked. Maybe there is a way that we have not found out about. Hope someone can help.

26/06/2012 at 12:06

I also think this is a good idea. The number of times I've seen useful advice and then can't find it when I need it!!     A scrapbook would save all the hassle of looking for old postings and be a quick reference.

26/06/2012 at 13:13

I have just joined the site and think this is an excellent idea.

26/06/2012 at 16:25

A super idea but don't wait up all night expecting it to happy quickly.   

In the meantime I just highlight the address from the address bar - i.e. this page is

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/site-feedback/scrapbook/4265.html

and drag it by the little green GW logo to a folder I've made in My Documents which I have open while I'm using this site.  You can then rename the shortcut to whatever you want to remind you or just leave it.  For instance - this shortcut is named "Scrapbook - Site Feedback - gardenersworld.com automatically which is pretty self-explanatory.

I agree, Hollie-Hock, not being able to access further than page one of our posts is a bit miffing to say the least but I understand it will be looked into next week. 

26/06/2012 at 16:31

Perhaps I should say for numpties like me on the computer that from My Documents and the folder you create for your shortcuts, you just double click on the shortcut of your choice and you'll be taken to that page. 

You will have to sign in if you want to contribute to the discussion - which is another gripe.................  Why, after signing in, can't you have a button to redirect you to the page you started at instead of having to go all the way through the home page again?  Or, just stay on the page you're at????

26/06/2012 at 18:25

I hope the powers that be take notice of your suggestion Hollie-Hock.

Well done!

email image
7 messages