Start a new thread

1 to 12 of 12 replies

Swedboy

I was trying to find an old thread I started to give an update on it but when I look at my threads and click on the next page link for them I get redirected to the latest posts. It seems like the link has a wrong pointer or whatever it might be called.

Lucid

I have also come across the problem described above so it seems it hasn't been fixed over the last few years. I'm trying to locate a couple of old threads that I started, but they must appear on the 1st page of my 'Started Topics' list under my posts. If I try to navigate using the link I'm taken to the latest posts view. If I try to manually copy and paste the link I am still taken to the latest posts view. Is there a way to get to view your oldest threads? Or is this something that needs repairing on the forum?

Lucid 

Dovefromabove

If you send a PM to NoraGW I'm sure she'll get back to you when she's in the office after Easter.  

Lucid

Thanks Dovefromabove and will do. 

Yviestevie

I raised this as an issue when the new forum was launched but it seems that nothing has been done.  A bit like go to first unread post.  I've given up now.

Advertisement

Dovefromabove

Try doing a Google search for the subject of the thread and include the words Gardeners World Forum ... you could even include your handle in the search as well.

Lucid

Hi Nora,

Thanks for your reply. I can see the first page of my started threads. The issue is when I try to navigate to the 2nd, 3rd or 4th pages of my started threads. As soon as I click on the links for one of those pages I am redirected to the Latest Posts view on the forum. So the only threads I can find of mine are those listed on the 1st page. I'm stuck if I want to view my old threads, unless I can remember a rough topic and find it under the search option.

I believe I'm using the new design of the forum. Is there an option to toggle between the two designs then?

Thanks for your help,

Lucid 

Lucid

Hi again. I've just managed to get to them in a different way. If I click on my username within a thread I am taken to a different view where I can navigate through my posts and threads, and can successfully find my oldest posts. However if I click on my avatar at the top right of the page, and go to 'My posts' I am taken to a slightly different view where the above issue is still relevant. It'd be good if that link took you to the same view as you get if you click on your username in a thread. i hope that makes sense.

Thanks for your help.

Lucid 

NoraGW

Hmm I think you might be looking at your profile in the old design. The old profiles are still found via your avatar in the top right, after clicking on 'My posts'.

This is the old design: http://www.gardenersworld.com/members/me/chat/ 

Here is a link to your profile in the new design - just click 'Threads' and then click through the page numbers, which should work: http://www.gardenersworld.com/members/lucid/163926/ 

If that still doesn't work, let me know and I can try to help in another way.

Lucid

Thanks Nora, I think my second post crossed posts with your reply. I've now found I can get to it by clicking on my username within a thread, but as you say if you click on the avatar at the top of the page it takes you to the old design, where you can't view your older threads as the links are broken. It'd be good it that could be linked up with the new profile at some point as I imagine most people would attempt to click their avatar at the top of the page to go to the profile and posts view.

Thanks again for your help.

Lucid 

Last edited: 18 April 2017 10:33:22

NoraGW

Ah yes we crossed over! 

Agreed, ideally it would be navigable from the avatar's drop down menu, which makes logical sense, but unfortunately not possible at the moment. Anyway, if there's anything else you need help with just shout