Start a new thread

1 to 9 of 9 replies

hollie hock

Just have to say that I'm still disappointed that you can only still view the last 100 posts.

Gardening is a long term project so still can't see why you can't view all your posts if you so wish. I wanted to post a link to a previous thread tonight, but because it was over 100 post I couldn't find it. I have had some brilliant advice advice from other forum members about how to find these "lost posts" but I still can't see why  they can't be made available to us.

For me, this is a real negative of the site, it's really frustrating when you want to link it to another current thread and then you can't find/see it with ease

MuddyFork

I'm not sure what your problem is.  If I click page 10 button I can see 181 - 200. 

sotongeoff

This refers to your "own" posts-you can't get past the last 100-but if you go to your settings menu-you can scroll down to see all thread titles that you have posted on in forum notifications.

Lyn

If you click on 'latest posts' it says there that this is 6,746 enties to view. you need to click on the last page showing, I think it says 10, then click the arrow you will then get 20 just keep going like this and you will see them from months ago.

sotongeoff

That is thread posts-not own posts-you can't get past your own last 100-which is the point being made by Jackie Frost.

Advertisement

Lyn

Sorry!!! 

If you go up to your login name, click the arrow and select 'my posts' they are all there.

sotongeoff

But Lyn-only the last 100-starting to repeat myself now-for anyone who has made more than 100 posts-they cannot see  previous post 101 for example or 102,103, 104..........

Daniel Haynes

Hello jackie frost. Thanks for flagging this up. I've sent a note through to our technical team, asking if we upgrade the pagination in the 'My posts' area, to make all previous posts available. This won't be possible before Christmas, but I hope it can be sorted in the new year.

Daniel Haynes
Editor, gardenersworld.com

hollie hock

Thanks to all replies

I do think changing the pagination ( new word to me) would really make the site a lot more user friendly and make the whole forum more dynamic and informative.It would mean that you could link earlier questions/answers to current ones.

Thanks Daniel