London (change)
Today 16°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 6°C
10 messages
25/05/2012 at 09:06

I liked the look of this month's free plant offer (36 lavenders, £4.90 P&P), so went over to T&M's website and added them to my basket. The printed order form in the magazine reminds you to use the subscribers' discount code from a later page, so I've tried putting that into the T&M website, but although it then takes 10% off, it also causes it to add a further £4.95 P&P! (Which is a -100% "discount"...)

This is rather frustrating: the discount code page specifically says 'online only', but it can't actually be used online with the offer.

What am I doing wrong?!

25/05/2012 at 09:33

On the T&M website it does state that only one order code can be used on an order so really the magazine advert is at odds with reality.

25/05/2012 at 09:47

Hi

Don't have my magazine to hand, but my understanding is that you order the lavendars with the special order code provided and pay the £4.90 P&P, and then if you want to order further stuff, you can then use our special subscriber code and you will then get 10% off these further items, but only if you order them separately.

I recently ordered the Lavendars online, and as I have a £5.00 voucher to use with T&M tried to enter this code at the same time, like you did, but the same - it whacked on P&P, so I just ordered the Lavendars with the code given, paid my £4.90 P&P -  and will save my £5.00 voucher for another day.

25/05/2012 at 09:55

Hi Kezza,

As MuddyFork says, it's at odds with the advert: the advert order form specifically reminds you to use the discount code -- but if you do so (with any of the offers), you get hit with an extra P&P charge that more than wipes out the 10% discount.

The offer two months ago (Mont Rose of Guernsey clematis) allowed you to use the subscriber code; and the advert this time tells you to -- so I should be able to: it's the T&M website, allowing only one code at once, that's preventing it.

25/05/2012 at 10:12

Ah i see

I've not experienced this myself, but ONLY coz I usually only order the 'freebies'.  I missed the ordering date with the Rose and Clematis from Mont Rose of Guernsey, but my mum ordered and paid for them after the offer.

No doubt when something takes my fancy when I order the next lot of 'freebies' I'll likely face the same probs you've been experiencing.

Happy gardening

26/05/2012 at 13:24

I think the issue is that the lavenders are (technically) free, so you can't get a discount. The £4.90 is  P&P charge, and discounts don't apply to that. Also you can't use that P&P charge to cover other (payable) parts of an order, you have to pay it just for the free offer.

Has anyone had delivery of last month's free perennials yet?

05/06/2012 at 12:01

Hi Green Magpie,

My free perennials arrived, but as others have said they were tiny! Packaged in thimbles!  I was disapointed but they are now looking much better growing on in small pots.

I would expect that the 36 lavenders offer will be of  the same size. I've had problems accessing online offers in the past. I now do it the old fashioned way using the form & posting it with a cheque

10/06/2012 at 23:05

That is the best way of doing the offers from the magazine.is the old fashioned way

01/07/2012 at 13:46

I ordered the free perennials from Thompson & Morgan which were to be despatched by the end of May. This came and went and an enquiry to T & M brought forth 'a delay due to weather conditions in the growing of the plants' and a further delivery date which was ' the end of June'.  Now, after a further enquiry I am informed it will be the end of August, am I being given the run-around by T & M yet again? At this rate the summer will be gone (if it isn't already) and I'll be planting bulbs. Anyone else had this problem?

01/07/2012 at 14:00
geesma wrote (see)

I ordered the free perennials from Thompson & Morgan which were to be despatched by the end of May. This came and went and an enquiry to T & M brought forth 'a delay due to weather conditions in the growing of the plants' and a further delivery date which was ' the end of June'.  Now, after a further enquiry I am informed it will be the end of August, am I being given the run-around by T & M yet again? At this rate the summer will be gone (if it isn't already) and I'll be planting bulbs. Anyone else had this problem?

Quite a few-read this

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/plants/t-and-m-offer-for-may/3023.html

email image
10 messages