London (change)
Today 15°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 9°C
8 messages
24/11/2013 at 22:18

while buying seed potato offer had warning came up saying problem on webpage after trying to pay,only want 1 lot,don't knowhow many orderered because I went off website to refresh,when I pulled up page and tried to pay message said already ordered,BUT HOW MANY TIMES

24/11/2013 at 22:40

If you haven't paid you won't have ordered at all.

24/11/2013 at 23:39

I'm happy to be wrong but now isn't a time when seed spuds are ordered because it's not the chitting season for summer spuds or the growing season for Christmas spuds.

I'm not sure when you can start buying seed spuds on line but most sites will now say sold out or are clear when they will start to deliver, which is usually in the Spring and March time. If you want to buy early spuds to chit, local spud fairs start in January.

If you haven't been charged for your order I'd advise to wait until next year now to put in an order but bear in mind it won't immediately be dispatched until  possibly March at the earlist...    

24/11/2013 at 23:42

I've just been on the Dobies website and they are selling seed potatoes now for growing next year, with dispatch from December onwards. I decided to wait for a while.

25/11/2013 at 00:08

Checked out Dobies website, me thinks that's really miss leading, they do dispatch from December onwards but spuds can't be planted out before the last predicted frost which is usually April at the earliest...happy to be wrong again...

Spuds are easy pezzie to grow but not if you get them in December to start chitting for April...!   

Lyn
25/11/2013 at 10:00
john pettard wrote (see)

while buying seed potato offer had warning came up saying problem on webpage after trying to pay,only want 1 lot,don't knowhow many orderered because I went off website to refresh,when I pulled up page and tried to pay message said already ordered,BUT HOW MANY TIMES

You would have had a confirmation email if you had completed the order.

25/11/2013 at 13:47

Actually, that happened to me when I ordered some plug plants from T&M in the spring (never again!). I went through the payment process then got an error message. I waited a while and then tried again, and this time it went through. Then I got TWO confirmation emails so it seemed I had paid twice. I couldn't get any answer to an email, so rang the customer service number and eventually got through. One of my payments was refunded - still got two lots of plants though. Which was just as well as half of them were dead! 

26/11/2013 at 12:19

Hello John. We're very sorry for the problem you've experienced placing your order, we will look in to it for you. We have contacted you via the email address that you have registered your account with.

email image
8 messages