Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Agapanthus

nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

I have a large agapanthus in a large pot. It was in the garden til spring 2013 when I lifted it to make room for drainage works.Now I want to put it back in the garden. Could I do it as soon as the flowers are over, or should I wait til next spring? 

In the sticks near Peterborough

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Right, thanks Eddimage

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

If you're not sure and need it looking after Nut let me know  imageimage

I'll save you some seed OL Only a few years to flower

I've got 3 planted but no flowers this year so hoping for next year image I love them (as you  probably know image)

• Flora rosaFlora rosa Posts: 262

Hello there, saw this by the roadside in Lagos Portugal last Week and was beautiful , wondered what it was - now I know! May be a new purchase happening to me image 

This must be a good tough one. It has flowered for years, survived being dug up at probably the wrong time and flowered in the pot last year and this.

• Stacey DochertyStacey Docherty Posts: 1,759

Nut I have been researching this for my own agapanthus project ( as u know from forkers) now and spring is ideal apparently ......bought mine today although I did stray away from evergreens whoops!!!!

Tracey slopes off to sulk in a corner...........image

Never mind Tracey, you'll get flowers, just let them settleimage

I'd plant it now if I thought I could get the job done without breaking the flower stalks Stacey

Mine were in a pretty poor piece of ground. Maybe that is where they do best. More food, more leaves