Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Am I posting too much?

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348
I sense that perhaps some members think I post too much so I will refrain from commenting if that's what others feel. I enjoy reading all the posts, all the views, all the side issues and respect each and every one of them. I am far from an expert, never pretend to be, but I have a fairly good understanding of the subject mainly through success AND FAILURE and hope to encourage others to make fewer mistakes

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802
    christopher2 wrote (see)
    I sense that perhaps some members think I post too much so I will refrain from commenting if that's what others feel. I enjoy reading all the posts, all the views, all the side issues and respect each and every one of them. I am far from an expert, never pretend to be, but I have a fairly good understanding of the subject mainly through success AND FAILURE and hope to encourage others to make fewer mistakes

No you are not-don't be so sensitive-lighten up a bit- a bit of understood humour never goes amiss

I assume this posting is about a disagreement yesterday/today-I have asked you tell us more about yourself and show us some images of your garden-why not do that?

Join in the chat a bit more-sometimes you do have a tendency to come over as rather serious- as someone else remarked the other day-but then we are all different- which is always the same on a forum.

Come on Christopher-we are all mates here

• kate1123kate1123 Posts: 2,815

Christopher2 as I have said on several occasions you need a thick skin and a sense of humour to post on a forum. YOU should post as often as you want. BUT if you say something that others feel is incorrect or misleading to a newbie then they are entitled to comment and you need to fight your corner or admit that you misread the question or just ignore them.

This forum is very gentle, I belong to some others where you get called all sorts of names just because of your username. It has never scared me off image

• LilylouiseLilylouise Posts: 1,013

Please keep posting as much as you like  christopher2 image

Pam LL x

• Don't stop posting christopher2, very pleased to see you offering your advice. As with any advice, there is likely to be differing opinions on the different courses of action available to take. It is up to the poster asking the question to evaluate all the advice given and chose which they wish to follow.

As a new gardener, I am eagerly soaking up all the combined knowledge of all posters to the forum, and much prefer a spectrum of different opinions instead of a mono- culture on the forum.

Many thanks for your opinions you have given so far, keep it up.
  • Christopher, keep posting, enjoy the banter and the gentle jests. Don't take it all too seriously. We do this for fun. Having said that we also enjoy a heated discussion now and then.

I loved the discussion a few weeks ago about not answering the question and going off topic, ending with a barrage of 'non sequiturs'. Humour is a great way of dispelling too much seriousness.

Try Fork Handles to experience the lighter side of life!
  • Overpostitis - never heard of it! If you've got the time, inclination, knowledge, interest, do it - it's up to everyone else if they read it!! image

• FloBearFloBear Posts: 2,281

Christopher, if you start reading Fork Handles from the beginning we might never hear from you again! It's a very long thread ;- )  Also, have you looked to see how many posts other people have made? There are some in the thousands.

• figratfigrat Posts: 1,619

Christopher2 - what I really like about this board is the mix between sharing advice/experience/inspiration/humour/off the wall stuff. It is fun! Keep posting!