Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

An ENVY thread....

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348

Ok, as suggested earlier, this is your ENVY thread to tease, wind up and boast.....

I have a double purple hellebore in full flower with purple foliage.....envious?  image

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Ha ha Verdun, you are funny imageimage

I have 3 at the moment;

1. Greenhouse envy because I have a flat packed new greenhouse in my dining room but the weather every weekend has been rubbish and I haven't got it up!!

2. Seedling envy because my chillies are the only seed sown and haven't made an appearance yet......this is being rectified tomorrow and Saturday!

3. Snowdrop envy because Allium's have arrived and mine haven't, but I have got an email to say they are on their way image

I'm not envious of your Hellebore because I am a newbie and at the moment am very proud of the 2 that I have got, but ask me again this time next year image

I do feel a need to boast about my borders though, I am VERY proud of them, not bad at all for a newbie image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Verdun, I need to see the pictures.... so we can all drool.

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,658

I'm envious,  cos my snowdrops haven't arrived yet and I haven't got an e-mail about them either   image

• allium2allium2 Posts: 413

Hello all

Tracey - your response made me chuckleimage. I think you beat me on the comms front- no comms as to when they would arrive so nice surprise when they didimage

I have greenhouse envy even though i have a greenhouse. I need a bigger greenhouse i think. Sssh dont tell OHimage

I must admit i envy your borders Tracey - the sleepers make them look fab.

How about I have just planted up a Hammamelis Mollis- envious?image

Verdun - your Hellebore sounds lovely - tried to get a double Hellebore at the GC last weekend but alas only single ones.

Hiw a

I agree with Fidget - need to see pictures of the double Helleboreimage

I wouldn't worry Star Gaze. I didn't eitherimage

Hoping Tracey and Star Gaze get their Snowdrops in time for the weekend so we can all boast about our drifts of snowdropsimage

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Yes Verdun, we need visual evidence of your hellebore beautyimage

Awww thank you Allium, very kind of you to say so. I think that's 2 compliments in one day, I'm not used to that imageimage

Lily, ours will be here tomorrow, and they wouldn't have got planted today anyway because it's rained all day image

What a funny thread. imageimage

Great threadimage

You are welcome Traceyimage

• djjjukdjjjuk Posts: 211

knowledge and experience envy! image

... if i had to choose one it would be greenhouse envy ... image

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409

I have weekday gardening envy image  But I can't pack the day job in as i need something to support my plant buying habitimage