London (change)
Today 28°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 17°C
17 messages
26/06/2013 at 07:57

Does anyone know why there are loads of kitchen threads being posted on here? Pretty sure kitchens don't have anything to do with gardening and its really bugging me. Anyone else feel the same?

26/06/2013 at 08:19

spam- we're trying Ryan!

bump up a thread to push it down once its reported- like I'm doing now!

26/06/2013 at 08:19

Hello Ryan

These are spam......we've had a lot lately. ,some stupid guys selling kitchens and trying to spoil the forum. We just skip through them.  

Haven't heard from you for a while.  Hope you are enjoying your gardenjng

26/06/2013 at 09:04

I would like the moderator to  invoice then for advertising. That might stop them.

26/06/2013 at 10:53

Come on moderators.....surely you can prevent these guys.  

26/06/2013 at 17:48

There's a "Report to Moderator" button at the bottom of this page. I've tried doing that with several kitchen ads. If we all did it, the mods would soon sort it out.

26/06/2013 at 18:00

We do that every morning.

26/06/2013 at 19:07

Glad to see the spam stuff has been removed!

26/06/2013 at 22:45

Hiya green magpie.  Never thought of doing that......thanks

27/06/2013 at 04:42

Kitchen did someone say they wanted ....... just joking, I got annoyed with it too. To sort out the problem - if you use something like google analytics (the adminers can get the IP address of each party and ban them via their IP). or just give their IP out to all of us, and we can send them emails about gardening (please be the later). Anyway, what on earth is going on with all of this wind? If this keeps up I'll have to buy some beach wind breakers to protect my plants.

KEF
27/06/2013 at 07:13

Bump

27/06/2013 at 09:47
Green Magpie wrote (see)

There's a "Report to Moderator" button at the bottom of this page. I've tried doing that with several kitchen ads. If we all did it, the mods would soon sort it out.

Green Magpie wrote (see)

Verdun wrote (see)

Hiya green magpie.  Never thought of doing that......thanks

Odd this-when I suggested doing that last week was shouted down

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/site-feedback/kitchen-spam/83848.html

-"we" were taking care if it-now it is a good idea

I still fail to see why yet again the people than run this site fail to monitor it-how complicated can it be to log on for 5 minutes -go down new discusions and zap these threads??

27/06/2013 at 09:49

And as I type there are currently 16 -it is 9.50 in the morning-cluttering up the new discussions

27/06/2013 at 11:00

But when the tech team get arrive at work they sort it as soon as they can - they've all gone now - possibly not the most important job of the day - given that the tech team provide a service to more than just this site.  

They are professionals with a job to do, they don't run this site in their spare time, able to "log in for 5 mins - go down new discussions and zap these threads" .

Patience is something most gardeners acquire along the way, although possibly not an attribute you've got yet Lazy Gardener 

And possibly Verdun's comment was tongue in cheek 

Absolutely no point in going on about it - this is the way this site is run - I like it here.

27/06/2013 at 11:18

Can I just say sorry if I upset anyone by writing this

27/06/2013 at 11:26

Don't think you've upset anyone Ryan   - good to see you posting here again by the way - hope things are going a bit better for you .

The kitchen spam is irritating but it's soon gone when the techies get in to work - some of us try to flag it up to them to make it a bit easier for them.  I'm sure that when the tech team have nothing else that takes priority they'll adjust the filters and we'll be spam free for a while, until they find a way to circumvent the filters and we'll go round in the circle once again.

One or two people just agitate a little about it - that's their way 

27/06/2013 at 12:54

Can't see how you have upset anyone Ryan.  Nothing untoward in your post.  I never see the kitchen ads as the early bird brigade have despatched them to eternity and beyond by the time I get on here.  I can see it could be annoying but they aren't there for long. Don't let it put you off. Life's too short to get agitated about a few posts. The techi bods are very quick to get shot of them.

Keep posting.

email image
17 messages