Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Any ideas for an entry.....

TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

hello! I've decided to enter 14 categories in the local village show! Eeeeeek! One of them is a floral display based on any song title of choice. Anyone got any bright ideas?!  

Also, I need a killer Victoria Sponge! Any tips very much appreciated!

Am going to start practising jam making next week; going for strawberry and blackberry categories! Need to read up on what makes a good competition style jam. 

The prizes are 50p first place, 40p second place, and 25p for third! It's all to play for! Also, I was robbed last year! Mr Carter's coleus was most definately inferior to mine yet he got first prize! I didn't even get a silver or bronze!!  Need to redeem myself this year!

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

hey Jo, don't knock it, not with all the cash to be had. image

How about " ramblin rose " by nat king cole? 

Devon.

anything by Kate Bush?

Devon.
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Yellow Flower K.T.Tunstall 

Use Mary Berry's all in one sponge. Can't fail with that. image

What will you spend all your winnings on Tootles? image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...

tiptoe through the tulips by tiny tim, No idea where you'll find tulips thow

Devon.
  • TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Some cracking ideas coming in.... thanks!  Keep going!!

Very good question Fairy. When I win (that's how confident I am in the ideas and tips from this forum!) I shall retire and set up a sanctuary for knackered gardeners where they can come and eat cake and talk about cuttings and drink tea / wine / beer. I shall also set up a TV company to make telly programmes just about gardening featuring forum members who in turn shall make bucket loads of money so that they too can give up their day jobs and set up a chain of garden centres! 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Daisy Daisy Give Me Your Answer Do ......

Whispering Grass

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

Ruby ( chard )  don't take your love to town ?

Devon.

got one, a real one !!!!!

Love  lies bleeding , by Elton John.image

Devon.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Strawberry fields forever.