Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Anyone done any gardening today?

TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Hello! 

Was wondering if anyone has done any gardening today?

What with drooling over seeds catalogues, reading gardening books and watching The Big Allotment Challenge, I just couldn't resist getting into the greenhouse! 

I've made my annual mistake of sowing a few seeds way too early! But who knows, maybe they will come good. I've done some Chillis, Cosmos, Lupins, Tomatoes and Sweet Peas. 

Attempted to potter in my beds outside but it's just far too cold! Couldn't feel my fingers! 

Back inside to look on my favourite website, and maybe do a bit of planting out planning In my garden journal.

What are you folks up to?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Does picking a rosebut count? image

Oh, and I got some canes out of the box and tied up my huge amaryllis bloom - indoor gardening image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Defo Dove! 

What is a rosebut though?!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117

Wish I could but it's 2c and snowing in the NW image

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Lovely image

I've been to GH's and put extra fleece on the plants. Also lifted a pot grown Choisya sundance inside as we have a very cold night forecast and in the past I've lost one. 

Does that count Tootles image

p.s. Also put something in a compost bin image

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

Yep I reckon that counts Kef.  

By heck, it's great to see a bit of dirt under the old fingernails!

• I had a good look round and made some mental notes of jobs to do ( I must write it down) picked over the pelargoniums in the greenhouse and then went to top garden and shouted at what ever it is that's digging holes and eating plant roots it looks like a lot of mini bomb craters up there.

i am now armchair gardening image

• I've had an exciting afternoon!

Last weekend I had to dig up lots of plants so the workmen could fix my fence (wind) and today I've spent a bit of time arranging the pots on the ground where I want to replant them. It makes me feel like a proper gardenerimageimage

Seems to be a bit of space left over so now looking at small climbers to buyimage

Wearside, England.
  • DaisydayDaisyday Posts: 373

Too cold here in Cheshire to do any gardening. I have checked the bird feeders and made a hole in the pond ice for my fish. I suppose that doesn't count though!

• Thanks for reminding me daydaisy- haven't done the bird bathimage

Wearside, England.