Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Anyone know what this is?

Does anyone know what this is?  I found it whilst digging in the garden it looks pretty

Hampshire Gardener

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

No idea, but I like it too image Lucky you!

• How big is it, Gg?  Are there any signs of where a pin was attached on the back?

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,172

Here is a pic of the back just took it

It is height 5cm, width middle bit 3and a half cm's and bottom bit about 5and a half cm's wide

Hampshire Gardener
  • Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

I wonder if it is one of the ends of a boot mud scraper?  It looks very nice.

• Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

Trivet?

Not big enough for a trivet only small

Hampshire Gardener
  • SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

..there looks like an inscription on the bottom left and right...can you read what they are?

• Could it be a fire mark? They were attached to the wall to show which company was insuring the building.

I had a thought it looks similar to old tea strainers but still not sure, I looked up on Google

I cleaned it up last night it looks more of a silver colour and like mark bottom right on the back of 11

Here is another picture of how it looks now

Hampshire Gardener
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Looks to me as if it could be one of those decorative pieces of metals you find on old furniture 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.