7 messages
19/05/2014 at 18:52

I watched an episode of GardenersWorld and fell in love with the beautiful auricula's so I had to buy some seeds as there's none to buy in Dumfries.

Some seeds have germinated in the greenhouse but have seemed to have stopped growing.

Can anyone help me to go forward with these, put them outside...??? Don't know!

There's a few in the pot but you can't see them very well.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/46255.jpg?width=384&height=350&mode=max

19/05/2014 at 19:08

Hi Jimbolena. Not a plant I know much about except that they need to be cool. Have you a shady spot somewhere.?

19/05/2014 at 19:21

Well they'll hate it where they are now, in the greenhouse because it's boiling in there. I should be able to find somewhere nice for it to live.

How's the rubus?

19/05/2014 at 19:37

I've moved it to a sheltered spot with dappled light, that'll be cool for it. I'll see how it gets on. I assumed it would grow better in the greenhouse. It has been very hot in there mind, I have noticed a lot of plants struggling, some of the plants have been wilting.

Thanks for that Nutcutlet, makes sense as it's a type of primula, I believe anyway so they like woodland floors with dappled light and cool conditions.

19/05/2014 at 20:16

Ones rubus still struggling on James, I've never got the hang of looking after a cutting properly

My GH is like an oven, I don't grow much in it in summer because I don't like it in there myself. 

19/05/2014 at 20:39

It's tricky in the Scotland, we need the greenhouse because right as I type, it's thunder, lightning and heavy rain. All my toms would be pulverized.

Anyway I'm not starving, I just grow for the thrill (don't tell anyone but that's a lie, I desperately want a decent crop) It never happens though so I just grow for fun 

19/05/2014 at 20:43

Best way, it should be fun

email image
7 messages