Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Bargain Buy of 2015

GardenmaidenGardenmaiden Posts: 1,126

• Oh Gardenmaiden, thats beautiful image

My best bargain was my polka raspberry canes, i used my clubcard vouchers image
  • So far, it's been the house for my chickens. I was watching it on eBay but it went for a stupid amount so I just left it, but then had an email from ebay telling me that the seller had reduced the price from £130 to £60 image 

• I bought 2 large palm trees (Brahea armata) for £10. They were £75 each. I kept my eye on them and I think most people think that they are less hardy than they are. I have underplanted with black grass (Ophiopogon planiscapus 'Nigrescens') and mixed pebbles. I think it looks good and a bargain.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

So far only a Fail to Buy.

I can't find any grit anywhere round hereimage

I've got seed sown and waiting for topping.

A couple of GCs to go yet though

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Didn't realise you could use them for garden centres. I'll have to have a read up on Tesco's website.

• We got a really large box ball, marked down from £99 to £20 because it had gone orangey-yellow in  a pot  over winter. Planted out, it went back to green in the summer, of course!

• Mrs GMrs G Posts: 336

I just used some Tesco points to get a 6 month gardening magazine subscription and £5 worth of points converted to £15 off at Thompson and Morgan!  Pleased image

• Beautiful patterned Gardman 14" baskets reduced from £7.99 to £2.60 - I bought 8, nearly cleaned them out.   Am tempted to go back and finish the job!  image

• Hi Nut, try Homebase for grit. Got some nice palms there too, marked down to half price recently.

• Nut, this is a weird one, but on occassion, ive used pidgeon grit from the pet shop when i cant get anything else, seemed ok image

My lovely petshop man gave me 4 small bags of ericacious (sorry), for 3 quid and delivered them for me yesterday image

Will be doing the Tesco points thing again this week...ive got 14 quids worth of points to use..YAY! image