London (change)
Today °C / °C
Tomorrow °C / °C
21 to 23 of 23 messages
12/10/2013 at 20:29

No freecycle in my area the last time I tried - will try again.

Thanks for your advice RD - will let you know how I get on.

12/10/2013 at 21:13

I have tried to have a look but mostly in the midlands area. Maybe you should start a page between you and your friends. People post 'I would likes' others post free to a good home. Think you just have to be specific that it is no cash etc, just grifters and receivers! 

19/11/2013 at 21:57

Here in sunny Pembrokeshire there's a semi-local county Freecycle site which my wife and I have both given to and gained from over the last several years.

The latest 'acquired' item was a 6x4 aluminium greenhouse (from two streets away!). Having been granted the item, I first dismantled it and then 'walked' the sections along the pavements back to my own rear garden access. [I took the car for the 40 odd panes of glass!]. It's now been 'transplanted' onto a new patio area [all slabs gained in a previous freecycle bid].

We've offered all sorts of useful but, to us, surplus items; photographic kit, (old film stock and empty albums), plastic flower pots by the bagful, various items of furniture including bookcases, bedside cabinets, mirrors and bedframes!

email image
21 to 23 of 23 messages