Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 66 replies

Diddydoit

My bargains of the year was all of the items I salveged from B&Qs sale bins in the garden centres, Items that just need a little TLC to revive them, which they sell off for a fraction of the original price.

But what gives me great pleasure is ,to see them flower again.

X

Has to be the same as you - rescued plants from B&Q or Homebase.

Diddydoit

great minds think alike.

X

Don't we just 

4thPanda

Mine is a hanging basket with fuschia in. i found it with very dry soil, dried out flowers in the 'please rescue me' section in Homebase. Now it is thriving with over 30 buds ready to flower.  If only it wasn't so bloomin' cold I could enjoy it more!

Advertisement

Diddydoit

Nice one panda,hope you have taken cutting for next year.

archiepem

this bench found  flt tipped . with out the rug and cat .

Diddydoit

Cool Archie just the job for after a hard day in the borders lol. I think thats great

X

The cat certainly looks happy....  

Diddydoit

it looks like mine and i also have a Dalmatian

Diddydoit

My dog andTwo ducklings i hatched 2yrs ago                                   

My Local Car-boot often has flower and veg seeds for sale. A vendor comes with a couple of boxes to sell.

They are short dated stock, that is sow by this year or next. But T&M seeds, originally priced at around £2-3, whats not to like. At 4 packets for a £1, I think I can stand a few losses. Also at those prices, I can afford to try out unusual varieties.

Last year I spotted lots of different good sized clematis marked down to 75p each in Homebase. I bought quite a few and they are growing really well

Stacey Docherty

Loads if seeds from seed swap! Cost me a stamp oh and x2rudbekia from Tesco£1.50 each a good water and they are fine...oh and garden string from the pound shop

Diddydoit

who's the bargain hunter then? stacey is.

Advertisement

archiepem

three trays of ten ,30p for the lotsainsburys price

A lavender from walk it was half dead, now blooming gorgeous a ??1. Also free Rose cuttings from my dads, they r now coming on great and blooming.
Haisie

Three French lavender, were £10 each at B & Q, reduced to £1.50. Have been lovely in pots all summer. Just needed water and replanting.

Diddydoit

I wonder just how much money B&Q and the likes of all the other stores waste per annum due to a lack of inhouse care?

CluelessGardener

You thought it would pay B&Q to have a real gardner to look after there garden section in stead of kids and old men that know nothing about gardening.

My Dalih had 50% off when I bought it only needed repotting and watering now it's four times the size when bought and the flowers are fantastic

James