Today 18°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 19°C / 10°C
201 to 220 of 308 messages
19/04/2012 at 17:41

big clap smiley

19/04/2012 at 17:41

Post 200!! 

19/04/2012 at 17:43

Blast, missed it! Your fault, Sotongeoff!

19/04/2012 at 17:43

200 points

19/04/2012 at 17:46

Ditto to Amazing2 (who I presume is Amazing from Scotland? Or her twin?).

Daniel, if you had had the grief from grid that Beeb posters did you would know why there was an instant alert.  He signalled his persona here by actually calling himself "gridgardener".  We have to be prepared for all sorts of silly names as he tries to troll his way in to despoil what is a friendly (and user-friendly) MB.

19/04/2012 at 17:52

Shrinking Violet, I emailed Daniel giving our history with Grid, and Daniel's reply shows he is well aware of the situation. This is not the first time.......

19/04/2012 at 17:56

Greetings sotongeoff (I presume that's the port of soton where I lived for quite a lot of years) and gold1locks. My name was originally my little dog Flo who happened to look like a polar bear cub. I also have a French connection so it works both ways.

Custarde FloBear

(but only my Mum calls me Custarde and only when I've been playing in the mud or similar sins)

And whoever said a chicken thread, yes please.

19/04/2012 at 18:07

Yes to the first point and David has started a chicken thread in the potting shed

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/the-potting-shed/keeping-chickens/2653.html

I was the dogcody but fancied a change-might chance again-cos I can

19/04/2012 at 18:07
Blimey, missed all the drama! Can only say if I'd seen troll post (well, did as copied into Joe's post) would have emailed too. Phew!
19/04/2012 at 18:11

Oh so glad to know it's you ex-dogcody. You were most kind and helpful in my short life on the other mb.

19/04/2012 at 18:14
FloBear wrote (see)

Oh so glad to know it's you ex-dogcody. You were most kind and helpful in my short life on the other mb.

Was it weevils -am good on them-not much else though

19/04/2012 at 18:24
Margi wrote (see)

Hello! Is this it??? How nice...

Talk soon,

Margi x

Hello Margi !! 

Long time, no see.  How are you and The Seedling - or is she more of a sapling now (was going to put a 'winking' smiley here but it's rather grotesque!)

And hello  to all the latest posters 

Joany(bird)

19/04/2012 at 18:55

Hi everyone. Just landed here from the BBC Message Boards. Havent posted over there lately but done lots of lurking. Hoping this forum succedes as well as the message boards did.

19/04/2012 at 19:03

Gold1locks - thank you and well done.  I just hope that we don't get drawn into silly nonsense that happened before.  Mind you, the Beeb hosts and mods were very quick off the mark to "punish" off-topic threads, but seemed powerless/unwilling when it came to an obvious Troll.

High hopes for this board though.

19/04/2012 at 19:17
Shrinking Violet wrote (see)

Ditto to Amazing2 (who I presume is Amazing from Scotland? Or her twin?).

Daniel, if you had had the grief from grid that Beeb posters did you would know why there was an instant alert.  He signalled his persona here by actually calling himself "gridgardener".  We have to be prepared for all sorts of silly names as he tries to troll his way in to despoil what is a friendly (and user-friendly) MB.

Phew!!! I noticed him too! He'd written a weird reply to one of my posts which instantly made me suspect! Thank God they've got rid of him. Good on the people who flagged him!

19/04/2012 at 20:54

Hi hope i,m in the right place  great to see some old faces  looking forward to

getting to know the new place

keeleykins

19/04/2012 at 20:56

Hi there.  Yes, the gang's all here.

Does anyone know if there is a way ot telling if someone is still online?  Like the ** on Beeb?  I feel sure that Geoff will know.

19/04/2012 at 21:02

Oh, so that's what the ** were!!! Doh!!

19/04/2012 at 21:16
sotongeoff wrote (see)
tattiebogle wrote (see)

David, I would love to see a chicken thread here.  In fact one of my chickens laid an egg with a paper thin shell yesterday, I could do with some suggestions as to what to do about it.  Off to work soon now, will look in again later. 

The posts don't seem to be numbered here, you can't reply to a specific message.  Unless I've missed it somewhere, still finding my way round. 

You can do this-point the mouse on the empty spot to the right of the message you want to reply- two icons come up "quote and send" click on quote-then in your reply click on the ''  icon in the bar above next to ABC and magic happens.

Thanks a lot Geoff, this is all new to me.  There's a lot here to play with!  I've seen this "quote" stuff on other message boards.  It's a bit messy looking and takes up a lot of room on the page.  I notice that each message is marked with the date and time it was posted so you could refer to a particuler message that way, possibly?

19/04/2012 at 21:27

Or even particular!

201 to 220 of 308 messages