London (change)
Today 9°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 10°C
81 to 100 of 308 messages
16/04/2012 at 10:42

Good heavens! I joined up here years ago but never got around to posting - I shall now know where to find everyone and make sure that no-one has died or something.

16/04/2012 at 10:58

Many thanks, Alina and Daniel! 

16/04/2012 at 10:58

Hi Joanybird

I don't think Rhoda will be making a big comeback - she's had her day. But I do like to keep an eye on you all particularly as we got locked out of TAPS for no good reason. I'm sure this site will work well for everyone when they get used to it.  It has some great and useful blogs on it too - Kate Bradbury's (wildlife in the garden etc.) and JAS's always very readable thoughts in particular.

Sad to see the Beeb boards go - happy days and heuchera threads.

16/04/2012 at 11:29

I'm here now. Am sure shall find my way around soon. J.

16/04/2012 at 11:31

Hi Rhoda Dendron,

Via another Beeb Refugee (the ever helpful Geoff 'cody'), I have just read your blog about the loss of the Beeb Messageboards, and how they have helped you through some tough times.  Very interesting read.  I love your garden!  I hope you're feeling well.

Yvie

16/04/2012 at 11:32

Hi Jo,

All feels very busy at the moment, with this one, potting shed, and the last of the Beeb! 

Yvie

16/04/2012 at 11:38

Yes, almost too much for my poor old brain to take in! Must get my head around an avatar/photo thing, but dont expect it too soon. J.

16/04/2012 at 12:41

It was a big jump but I've made it to

16/04/2012 at 14:45
Alina W wrote (see)

You're unkind, Violet - I shall be wondering all day, now!

I do have good reasons for a measure of anonymity (sp).  So I'll let it be for the time being, if that's ok.

I have regularly read the beeb boards, and am familiar with many of the contributors, albeit at a bit of a distance. 

btw I am finding my way around this board, and the more I look at it, the more I like it.  How refreshing to have moderators who seem to care, and are responsive.  Perhaps, with hindsight, we'll all come to think that the beeb has done us all a big favour by closing down their own message boards.  Well - there has to be a positive side to things. 

What is it they say?  "As one door closes another one opens".  So perhaps we need to see this as an opportunity rather than a disaster.

16/04/2012 at 15:15

Another Beeb refugee. Hope to catch up with you all soon.

16/04/2012 at 15:18

Hello everyone. Some of you know me as John Moodie on the BBC gardening message board. I use powwow every place else so I decided to do so here. I guess I'll just creep around a bit first.lol

16/04/2012 at 15:20

Hello Janerowena.  I've been registered here for ages too but the forum is a fairly new option I think.  It certainly wasn't there last time I checked  the blogs but that was a few months ago...........

Looks like the Beeb has done us a favour as these boards have so many good features and old friends too.

Hello Powwow John too.  Glad you made it.  Have you thawed yet or are there still snowfalls expected?

16/04/2012 at 15:36

Hello obelixx,

Well it snowed off and on all weekend. It all melted and this morning the sun is shining and my geraniums will be able to spend the day out of the greenhouse!

16/04/2012 at 16:29

Pam, Jo, John,MF ,Obelixx-it is getting crowded in here-we gonna need a bigger boat

16/04/2012 at 16:37

sotongeoff,

lol, all's I can offer is my canoe or my kayak.

16/04/2012 at 16:44

Hello everyone. I'm here as well. Lovely to see  all the 'oldies'

Hi Rhoda.

16/04/2012 at 16:59

No worries, Violet

Hello to everyone who's joined since I last wrote - maybe you're right, and the BBC has done us a favour, after all.

I certainly like it here

16/04/2012 at 17:57

Hello Obs! Lovely to see you - yes, it hasn't been on for all that long, a year or so? I got an email telling me about it and had a look, but it was nothing like this - I think a few things have been tweaked? Or maybe I was the first one to look at it and it all just echoed back at me!

16/04/2012 at 18:58

Next person to post will be the 100th posting! I reckon over 70 of us have made the journey so far, which is very heartening. And the more I see of the site the more I like it. I posted a query on this thread about uploading photos and the editor (no less!) replied within an hour, which was rather jaw dropping. I expect we'll see a lot more piccies of our favourite plants, problem pests etc than we did on the old Beeb site. I'm glad the Bee pulled the plug, otherwise We'd all still be stuck in the 19th century!

16/04/2012 at 19:02

Sorry-will I get a card from the editor

81 to 100 of 308 messages