Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Beechgrove

ColinAColinA Posts: 392

Hi

Has anyone heard if Beechgrove is to start new series this year, last years program mes were excellent.

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,065

Thursday 2nd of April on BBC Scotland and Sunday 5th on BBC2.

Excellent programme full of good tips and topical info as well as informative trials of methods and products and plants.    They seem to manage to cram in a great deal without it feeling rushed and the delightful Mr Beardshaw is part of the team whose members all have their own specialities and interests.

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • ColinAColinA Posts: 392

Thanks for that obelixx I agree they cover a multitude of items in a short time

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

I really like Beechgrove too. Thanks for starting the thread and thanks Ob for letting us know when it's back on. Yipppeeee!

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,276

I'm a fan too...will look forward to it image

• Lily PillyLily Pilly Posts: 3,845

Watched the first episode almost 40 years ago and ever since. It's been my tuition as is set more for us coldies in the North

a thorough and no frills programme with sound advice, no dogs tho !

Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • OldtykeOldtyke Posts: 155

I love it! I watched it on iplayer, , before having a break from gardening for 2 years. I find it as enjoyable as GW was with Geoff Hamilton, before they decided to mess with it.

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

Oldtyke - here hereimage

Susan Porter - Jim looks and sounds so like my father in law - a real sweetie.