Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Big Allotment Challenge

I've been loving the Big Allotment Challenge.  Have others been watching?  Who is going to win the final?

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409

I've been watching - rooting for Sandra hereimage

• AshdaleAshdale Posts: 149

Yes, I think it might be Sandra, Chicky.  She's been growing for years.  Looking forward to a nice glass of red while viewing tonight.image

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

I'd like Jo Jo to win. So naturally talented. I went off Sandra a bit when she cried over her burnt strawberry jam.  I really wanted Reka to win, or the lady that lived on the boat. 

Cant wait to watch it! The highlight of the week for me. 

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

I'd like Jo Jo to win too image There's something about Sandra I'm not keen on image

• So we have Jo Jo, Sandra and Rob left, I was thinking it would be Rob, Jo Jo and Alan in the final 3 but no

Tootles you mean Lena boat lady

I would like Jo Jo to win

I have been enjoying watching more this year think because it is just one person per a plot, info tonight on cape gooseberry I am trying to grow them this year so all info welcome   

I also got the show perfection peas to grow this year like Jo Jo did

Do think they are all good

Shame when the leave they have to go and leave all the produce on there plots and not sure they get to take any of it

Hampshire Gardener
  • ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

Rob doesn't seem to have much melodrama, and goes to my local garden centre (he put something on Twitter about it - not that I stalk him or anything! I've been following him long before the allotment challenge after a friend copied something of interest that he wrote!) So I'm rooting a little for him: partly because I've found his bringing he heritage collections to the attention of the television quite interesting.

No spilling the beans though: I'll probably not get to watch it until Monday!

• JoJo to win, she really thinks about what she needs to do and I like her spirit.  Its been very enjoyable so far, nice excuse for  glass of wine and a sit down in the evening!

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,066

Really don't care.   I find the programme has such a stupid format and challenges that I only watch it for the tips for growing veg and flwoers at the start of the grow and make challenges.   As for Thane Prince saying she'd never heard of rhubarb chutney!   I've been making that for years and I loathe pickles.

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,032

I loathe pickles too! Thane gets on my nerves. But I've enjoyed the programme and I don't really mind who wins, though I slightly hope it's Sandra, probably because she's a woman and nearest to me in age.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

It's better than rugbyimage