Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

big allotment on bb2

flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117
Big allotment bb2 now

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117
    Did you enjoy it? image
  • jatnikapyarjatnikapyar Posts: 419

I am sorry to say I didn't as there is not enough "gardening" info etc. the focus seems to be on competition,cooking etc. I felt as if I have been watching  a reality show with the emphasis on anything but gardening and plants and growing....!!image

• WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

I like it, but wish there was more emphasis on their journeys. I love the Newzeland couple and the Chinese mother and daughter and I'm sorry to say, the exceptionally competative duo annoy me muchly, someon needs to remind them that its about having funimage

Yes i agree wintersong, somtimes its a bit too serious and takes the enjoyment out of it, and whats all that about,making broad beans grow straight, i've recorded Beechesgrove, see what thats like image
  • Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

Not sure I like it too much and you will enjoy Beechgrove Flumpy1 as it is more practical.

• I'm disappointed with Allotment for all sorts of reasons. I think it would have been nice to feature one of the plots each week to see close up what has been grown.  It scans them too quickly. Also, how sad after all those months of creating their plots that a pair of contestants have to go. Couldn't everyone remain to the end of the series when the results of the various challenges can be assessed by the judges?

Also, I hope the preserves lady rinses her mouth out after trying each relish etc. otherwise it must influence the taste of the following ones.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

Too competitive for me. Not enough gardening, too much "judging" Why are they compelled to grow the same core plants. Rather than, eg all being tested on runner beans, why not just let them grow the veg they want and compare the results, be it beans, carrots, onions or whatever? Ditto flowers.

I have no idea why they were expected to produce a " summer wreath" I spent over 30 years in professional horticulture and I'd never even heard of such a thing. Certainly no allotment holder I've ever met got in a tizz if they couldn't make one.

A great opportunity missed, in my humble opinion.

Devon.

I agree with all the above comments.

I've been recording BeechGrove so i hope that is better image has anyone watched it?

Yes, Flumpy1 - as my comment above says I think you will enjoy Beechgrove.  I only found out about it through postings on this forum  Let us know what you think when you have watched your recorded programmes..