Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Books recommended for container gardening?

I will only ever have various pots at this house, however long we live here, there just seems little point in putting lots of effort into the single, thin and not very deep border we have, when we could be moving out in a month's time, which does get tiring, but I'm happy with pots for now, at least until I see all of your fabulous gardens of course!

I like reading books, and getting inspiration for how to arrange pots, at the moment all mine are single plants, and hope to change that, can anyone recommend any good books? Especially for new starters!

• ECOBABYECOBABY Posts: 28

Christine Walkdens no-nonsense container gardening is a great book with lots of pictures and easy information. She covers flowers, vegetables, has an unusual plant section, fruit and combined growing of veg and flowers. I love this book as I grow in containers as well. Also the works book shop do some cheap gardening books and  I got the paperback RHS container growing book from there for about £2.99 or as Phillippa says look in your local library to see which books you like best.