London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
9 messages
15/04/2014 at 20:23

Hello,

I was just wondering when everybody is taking down the bubble-wrap they used to cover the inside of their Greenhouses? If they haven't already done so that it like my Grandad! lol
I was ideally planning on keeping mine up until the risk of frosts is over, due to mine being un-heated but with temperatures reaching approx 30c during the day this week inside the GH I'm thinking I may need to do it a lot sooner! lol

15/04/2014 at 22:00

It should be out by now ngcards, then a good clean inside and out. Frosts in the coming weeks should not be too severe so anything left inside can be covered with fleece as an extra precaution if your'e worried. Currently the long range weather is for a normal April (sunshine/showers some frost), but nothing severe weather wise. It won't get that cold. So unless you are already raising some tender crops that need to be frost free or at a minimum temp you won't need it. You could create a warm section inside the GH just in case as a back up.

15/04/2014 at 22:38

Thanks Dave, looks like I shall be taking it out at the weekend then

15/04/2014 at 22:41

Hi NGCARDS I use one of those 3 tiered mini greenhouses inside my GH.It gives extra shelving and shelter for more tender plants. I no longer have a cover for mine - they break after a few years but can be replaced. I place bubble wrap round the shelves to protect if it gets really cold

15/04/2014 at 22:43

Thanks for the tip Foodie, I shall keep it in mind

Lyn
16/04/2014 at 16:17

I dont take mine off at all, i think it shelters the sun so stays on through the summer i can open the windows and door for through draught.

16/04/2014 at 16:21

Same here Lyn never take mine off for the same reasons an old guy at the garden club told me it's good for all the year.

Lyn
16/04/2014 at 16:31

The old'ns are the best Andy.

17/04/2014 at 07:41

I've taken it off the roof area so I can still open the windows and stop the heat suffocating the plants.
My boss (I have been working in a Plant Nursery for just over a year) also said it should be fine kept on the sides so I am debating whether or not to leave it on there. We shall see!

email image
9 messages