Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 97 replies

Busy-Lizzie

As some of you know, my garden will be open on Sunday 17th May, so I'm starting this to show you some photos, starting with weeding. It's more stressful than I thought, but OH and Matty are helping.

When I came back to Dordogne from the Malvern Spring with Matty the goosegrass was horrendous. Here's before and after.

Busy-Lizzie

Here are some weeded bits.

I see how you got your name Lizzie! 

Your gardens looking stunning! Keep the pictures coming! And thanks 

Busy-Lizzie

Hello this is Matty.

I am using Lizzies Log On as I can't remember password.

I am now an expert in removing goose grass  in places it was climbing up the tree trunks. I did not realise just how it affects other plants but a couple of delphiniums and a hosta have very distorted leaves where it was. They are now looking better though

I have some photos and will post them later

Brilliant there Busy .....you giving out free plants.  All gardens open to the public give freebies.  It's a new european directive 

Advertisement

Katherine W

BL, where in the Dordogne are you?? I live near Sarlat!

Your garden is looking lovely!

LesleyK

What a lot of hard work you've all done but it's looking great.  Love the clematis.  Hope all goes well on Sunday.  When do you start the baking?.

Katherine W

PS Hope your ribs are feeling better

PPS I have the feeling that goosegrass pulls faboulous omounts of nitrogen out of the soil. As long as it is not in seed I laways bury it in deep holes wherevr I am going to plant greedy plants like pumpkins. Since my pumpkins plants grow like the blazes without any chemical fertilizer I guess it works

happymarion

Looks super Busy-Lizzie.  I have an open day on May27th and am working my socks off for it.  Enjoy the day on Sunday.  I am sure your visitors will be impressed.

Busy-Lizzie

Thank you. Matty is baking as I type!

Verdun, there will be price tickets on the plants for sale! It is for charity.

Katherine, I live NE of Périgueux, about an hour from Sarlat.

Busy-Lizzie

Matty here

A few pictures I have taken of garden

Busy-Lizzie

A couple more from Matty

Tesni

Looking great!

nutcutlet

Yours has always been one of my favourite gardens pictured on the forum B-L.

I'd be there if it was possible

I hope it all goes well and the weather is fair

Advertisement

KEF

Hope you have great weather, garden is looking brill  I'll see if I can hire the Tardis 

Busy-Lizzie

Thank you Nutcutlet, I'm very touched and thank you everyone for your lovely comments.

Beautiful garden as ever Busy-Lizzie    envious of the space you have for shrubs, all looking good!

Best 

wishes for Sunday  

Busy-Lizzie

Tuscany is much darker in real life. Must have had sun on it.

Tuscany Rose will be out in time and so is climbing Cecile Brunner.

Busy-Lizzie

Someone is guarding plants for sale in the veggie garden!