London (change)
Today 13°C / 4°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 7°C
6 messages
CJB
11/09/2013 at 10:18

Hi i am doing a project for tech and i wanted to know how you garden when you have

- limited space

- window boxes

- small garden

- small greenhouse

what would make it easier?

and what things do you use the most?

other problems?

thank you

11/09/2013 at 12:23

Can't help I'm afraid CJB, I have a large garden with oodles of space and I'm a novice gardener but good luck with your tech project and I'm sure you'll get some really useful responses to your question

11/09/2013 at 14:48

Hello I am new here and trying to find my way around.

I live in Switzerland and perhaps my way of gardening is different, due to our long cold winters,bur I spend as much time as possible outside and I enjoy trying to grow and eating healthy foods

11/09/2013 at 17:12

Hi CJB

Things I use the most are my hoe, petrol mowers and tub trug (big bucket).  One problem is lack of wheelie bin space when I'm working on renovating a lawn - maybe a skip would be easier .

11/09/2013 at 17:28
CJB wrote (see)

Hi i am doing a project for tech and i wanted to know how you garden when you have

- limited space: I use pots on my patio and create height by using some large pots and a mixture of sizes

- window boxes

- small garden: I have a medium sized garden and try to create height and use a range of colours of shrubs

- small greenhouse

what would make it easier?: more drainage as I have a north facing garden that is very wet in winter

and what things do you use the most?: lawnmower, secatuers, lawn edge trimmer, large clippers, a range of brushes

other problems?: depends on what you mean problems - neighbourhood cat poo, getting the planting right (many mistakes)

thank you

11/09/2013 at 18:08
CJB wrote (see)

- limited space

pots at different heights and use the fences and walls to climb plants up or make a wall garden.

- window boxes

plants that do not need much watering and are wind/sun tolerate..

- small garden

borders and paths of different materials with small lawn/patioe area.. create curved borders  and height to make it look bigger...

- small greenhouse

keep what i am growing to what i really want.. and spread things over the growing periond by gorwing plants that seed at different times.

what would make it easier?

being able to afford a gardener...

and what things do you use the most?

hand hoe, trowel, fork, kneeling pad, composter, hoe, secarteurs and  cutters/shears, lawn edger, lawnmower, and lets not forget gloves.

other problems?

foxes, badgers diggin up the lawn, sandy soil very free draining needs constant mulching for nutrients, strong sea salty winds off the cliff batters plants and resticts what will grow here.. neighbours not keeping their weeds under control.

thank you

email image
6 messages