Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Cats!!!!!!

This winter i put on a lovely mulch from my compost bin around my minarette apple trees only to find piles of disgusting cat poo! Have resorted to covering most of the ground with IKEA mesh baskets. Why should I have to spend money keeping other peoples cats out of my garden? I protect the birds from them by using feeders above ground. I wish DNA good be taken so that i could contact their owners to remove the disgusting facies. Perhaps they would not let them out so readily!!

• YviestevieYviestevie Posts: 7,066

There are lots of threads on this subject janstone, do a search and they will come up.  It's a very emotive subject and has caused lots of discussion.  Hosta one for the bank.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

yeah, another £1 for me. 

Devon.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Is the going rate £1 per thread or £1 per posting Hosta?

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • LeifUKLeifUK Posts: 573

Disgusting aren't they? Imagine if you went into your neighbour's garden and defecated. I have three solar powered ultrasonic scarers, not perfect but mostly effective. I used to have a lawn littered with turds, not so now. 

• Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,149

It's nature, suck it up peoples image I have stinky fox poo all over my lawn and have just spent a kings ransom on vets bills on my cat that was savaged by a fox last week and shaken by the neck quite badly. We must all live together so the fox shall remain unharmed and hopefully Smoky will learn to avoid him in future.

There is nothing we can do about any of these animals, they all have the right to live and do what they will where they will. There are plenty of devices on the internet that will keep said creatures off.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190
    nutcutlet wrote (see)

Is the going rate £1 per thread or £1 per posting Hosta?

Not sure Nut but he has offered to take me to Wyvale tomorrow imageimage

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

It is pure fantasy cats are like the Queen they never poo image

Another £1 for Hosta & Lyn's cake image

• Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

Get some prickly off cuts of anything like pyracantha, hawthorn or something like that and put it on top of the loose ground, they avoid it like the plague.

• The ultrasonic devices have some effect, the water squirting ones do too but you have to keep moving them as cats learn fast.

Thought about getting a dog?

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 8,719

I love you Lou! Told my Hubby we could get another cat, and then the others would not come and poo in my veg plot!  I cannot print what he replied!  You know I have dogs (and maybe a demented parrott) but get very heated about the dog poo on the beach, cats are considered "wild" but owners ARE meant to be responsible for what their dogs do.