Start a new thread
SweetPea93

Is it terribly gharish of me to adore this crazy looking plant? I bought a load reduced the other day to cheer up my very spring orientated young garden, and I think they are fantastic. They don't seem to available in seed form in the shops, though saw it online on T&M, have others grown from seed?

I can envision it with red hot pokers and small marigolds at the back of the new garden.

Flora rosa

No, it's lovely, never knew what it's name was tho lol! Just googled. I really like this and had one year but I wasn't very successful and didn't try again 

SweetPea93

From what I can tell from seed it likes to be hot, so I might just have to be hopeful the GC sells it again next year ready grown! I've never seen it before until this year! I especially love the bright bright pink!

Victoria Sponge

Go for it I say- it is your garden and your art

I would love to see a pic of those combinations next year. Which red hot pokers are you going for?

SweetPea93

the yellow and red ones, which is very technical I'm sure!

http://www.jparkers.co.uk/plant-1000788/6-red-hot-poker-kniphofia/?LinkRef=F.R&gclid=CMzjt6W3vcACFdMbtAoddzQAIg#fo_c=193&fo_k=f25148dd3acc1047969f68de77e64cd1&fo_s=gplauk

that type! I saw some reduced at the same GC but had nowhere to put them, and would be very fragile to move house with I imagine! I made a log of all my flower seeds and the colours, and it's all very pink heavy, so having a sunny spot in the corner would be very appreciated I think with lots of hot colours!

Advertisement

Victoria Sponge

Cool

I've had a thing for kniphofias this year and I've recently ordered Ice Queen and Dwarf Amazing fun from Parkers. The tall ones are fab but I also like the small ones, I think they're like little mushrooms