Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Chelsea Chop

I have several sedums...I experimented the 'chelsea chop' on half the sedums. To date the ones that had the 'chelsea chop' are compact and the flower heads are more upright and the plants don't seem to 'topple' over. The other half are tall and need staking because of the height!! So I'm happy to repeat the chop again next year.

I also 'chelsea chop'  my phloxes. They don't look happy!! Not too many flower heads. Should I have done the chop on these? Your opinions greatly welcomed.

• flowering roseflowering rose Posts: 1,632

Well you ll soon find out! I do  the chop and it works for most things and tidies things up, I am sure they will be fine.image

• Fluffy CloudFluffy Cloud Posts: 200

Tks for your prompt reply.

• Tks Verdun... no chelsea chop on my phlox next year.

• i had  very sad and floppy sedum a year or two ago... divided, and now have 6 or 7 vigorous sedums!

geranium seem to respond really well to Chelsea/ june/ even early July chop!

• Ooh I did not know about Cosmos. I will chop some early in the morning then the rain (please!) will revive them. Thanks Verdun. Again!