Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Chelsea flower show

Is anyone else going to Chelsea? This will be my 10th year and looking forward to it just as much. Go up to London on the train ots a long day but i do love it

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,066

Yes.  I'll be there on Tuesday and meeting a friend from the old Beeb boards.   I shall try and get there earlier than I usually do and see more of the big show gardens before the crowds arrive and then just potter about in the floral marquee and the small gardens and have a Pimms by the bandstand but I take my own sandwiches and water as I find the caterers expensive.     

It's a 3 day trip for me but worth it and I get to do a raid on Wisley on the way back to the ferry - just enough time to see one main feature in the garden and potter about in the plant shop..

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • Hello obelixx, Hope you had a good trip to chelsea mum and and i had a brilliant day, finished off with a train breaking down and trains home cancelled. Hope you had a better journey.Loved all the gardens apart from the pile of scaffolding but i suppose it gets noticed and people talking. Saving up for next year now